Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Nikon Telephoto Lens

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    31

    Nikon Telephoto Lens

    Hi everyone. I just listed a lens on eBay and I wanted to link it here just in case anyone was interested.

    Nikon 70-300mm telephoto lens

    The lens is a 70-300mm lens and I'm getting rid of it because I haven't used it in about a year. It's in perfect condition. At the time of this post, it's only $15. There's no reserve on this auction.

    It's good for taking macro/closeup photography of small things as well as long distance telephoto pictures. It should fit any Film or Digital Nikon SLR.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Inch View Post
    Hi everyone. I just listed a lens on eBay and I wanted to link it here just in case anyone was interested.

    Nikon 70-300mm telephoto lens

    The lens is a 70-300mm lens and I'm getting rid of it because I haven't used it in about a year. It's in perfect condition. At the time of this post, it's only $15. There's no reserve on this auction.

    It's good for taking macro/closeup photography of small things as well as long distance telephoto pictures. It should fit any Film or Digital Nikon SLR.

    Even though I already have one for my Nikons, there was a time I would have jumped at a deal like that. But, I haven't used my film cameras for a couple years. In a way, I miss using them but, fact is, digital has it all over film for many reasons. Economy of usage the biggie.
    $15.00 for the lens you are offering is almost bringing a tear to my eye.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,017
    I've already got the same lens...otherwise I'd be real interested.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Even though I already have one for my Nikons, there was a time I would have jumped at a deal like that. But, I haven't used my film cameras for a couple years. In a way, I miss using them but, fact is, digital has it all over film for many reasons. Economy of usage the biggie.
    $15.00 for the lens you are offering is almost bringing a tear to my eye.

    Why not upgrade to the digital SLR Frank? Should be able to use all the old lenses with the new digital body.
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Why not upgrade to the digital SLR Frank? Should be able to use all the old lenses with the new digital body.
    $$$$$$

    Need I say more?
    Actually, I am very happy with my Sony DSC-H2. It does everything I ask except is lacking on true macro. I hope to replace with the new Olympus before long.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    $$$$$$

    Need I say more?
    Actually, I am very happy with my Sony DSC-H2. It does everything I ask except is lacking on true macro. I hope to replace with the new Olympus before long.
    It took some wonderful pictures of Hawaii. Anyways, it takes someone that knows how to use it in the first place, and you've got that down. I looked at those a couple of times over and enjoyed them each time.
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    It took some wonderful pictures of Hawaii. Anyways, it takes someone that knows how to use it in the first place, and you've got that down. I looked at those a couple of times over and enjoyed them each time.
    Thank you. Actually, the camera is what I call a 'mid-range' SLR. It is more camera than the teensy point and shoot jobbies. It does not have interchangeable lenses but, using the viewfinder, it is a single lens reflex. I rarely use the LCD screen. Old habit, I guess.
    A big reason I eschew the more professional DSLR cameras is the handiness factor. My son has several Nikons that are in the same class, price wise, as a nice sports car, complete with motor drive and El Giganto zoom lens. It flat-out weighs a ton. Plus he carries a tripod and a monopod wherever he takes the camera. (actually, his twin sons have the 'honor' of carrying those)
    My camera weighs under one pound, I have one of those handy harnesses on it that hunters use for binoculars. I can carry it virtually anywhere with ease and my hands are still free. The built in stabilizer (pretty much) substitutes for a tripod. At full zoom, it has the equivalent of a 420mm lens. Many of the shots you saw were at full 12X/420mm zoom and didn't show any camera shake. Yep, I like it and am a devotee of the modern digi cameras. And, this from a guy who started as a professional photographer at age 13 with a Speed Graphic.

Similar Threads

  1. Visor Magnifiers - Which lens!
    By Bill Satko in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 03:11 AM
  2. First Art Shots With the New Nikon
    By Ned Bulken in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
  3. Nikon Toast - Ressurected!
    By Rennie Heuer in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. Safety Glasses - Full Lens Magnifier!
    By Pete Simmons in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
  5. Can you buff a plastic eyeglass lens??
    By ken alcott in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 03:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •