Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Meeting and Wood Gloat!!

Family Meeting and Wood Gloat!!

Rex Bloem pm'd me last week saying he was taking down a good size peach tree and a peach bush. We got the timing squared out this morning and I made the 1/2 drive south to his place. Can't believe we haven't met before as close as he is. Got a shop tour and boy am I envious of his! Lots of room and storage. He has a recent tool gloat too! I'll let him fill you in....

Spent about an hour with him and then loaded up the wood haul pictured below. Should have taken the camera with me to give you all some shots of his shop too...next time! Thanks again Rex and like I said, don't be suprised if there is a vase or bowl out of peach on your doorstep soon!

BTW, my car still smells like peaches...made me want some pie or cobbler!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0300.JPG   100_0301.JPG  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Nice gloat there jeff and a natural and pleasing air freshener to boot. Makes me wish I would have collected some of the trees that were blown down when Ike came thru here last year. It would of mainly been oak and pine ,but they were nice size solid pieces.

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    It was great to meet you Jeff. Have fun turning. I will fill the family in on the tool gloat. I used tax return to buy a Steel City TS that was on closeout at The Woodsmith Store. I know no pics didn't happen,but would you guys doubt a moderator? Pics will come when this dum dum get the pics figured out. I need to print the instructions from Vaughn.

Nice haul, Jeff. There are some promising-looking crotch pieces in there, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Nice haul Jeff good to see the woods not ending up in the dump. Now I looked at your website and boy that desk you have in your gallery. Have you ever posted a pic or a story on the making of the desk top. How about it? Great work.
    cheers

Nice haul. maybe I can trade you out of some of that once I get to Des Moines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Nice haul Jeff good to see the woods not ending up in the dump. Now I looked at your website and boy that desk you have in your gallery. Have you ever posted a pic or a story on the making of the desk top. How about it? Great work.
    Rob, that desk was made by my grandpa. The same one that made my lathe. He was an incredible woodworker. I don't really have any story behind it, unless my dad can fill something in. It sits in my parents living room and is still used as well. The last pic is a office set he made while in the Philipines in WWII out of airplane aluminum and other scrounged parts.

Here is a link to some pics of his work.

>>>>KP's Gallery<<<<
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6428990_orig.jpeg   4217992_orig.jpeg   2804508_orig.jpeg   8721327.jpeg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Family Meeting and Wood Gloat

WTG hope you get some nice pieces out of it

Great gloat and congrats.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Finally got a chance to turn some of the peach....nice figure! This is just a small vase 4" high or so...can't wait to get into the bigger blanks. Thanks again Rex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0308.JPG  
    My Website