Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt for Mast R Lift

Belt for Mast R Lift

I need a belt for a Jointech Router Lift Pro (model RLP-1), which is a Jessem Mast R Lift in disguise.** No response from Jessem since I started Emailing/calling Thursday. Somebody on Woodnet pointed to McMaster, and they very likely have it... but the belt is gone and I don't know what size it is.* Any help out there?*
    Last edited by Kirk Constable; 04-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.

I often wonder how Jessem stays in business. I hear many non-response stories about them. Rockler and Woodcraft sell the Mast-r-lift but I don't recall a belt system. Oh, wait, the Excel table uses a belt to activate the lift instead of the plate crank . . . They both sell other Jessem products as well, maybe they would be able to help.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks. I can't imagine any retailer would have them since even Jessem doesn't have a parts diagram (as in for ordering replacement parts).

All I can say is Jessem and Jointech have now joined PorterCable on my 'not another dime of my money' list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Constable View Post
    Thanks. I can't imagine any retailer would have them since even Jessem doesn't have a parts diagram (as in for ordering replacement parts).

All I can say is Jessem and Jointech have now joined PorterCable on my 'not another dime of my money' list.
    OUCH! But deserved.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

On the off chance that there's only one person in the actual 'customer service/technical questions' department at Jessem, and that person is maybe on vacation and can't answer my Email or phone messages... today I called and left a message at the 'all other' option. Someone will be returning my call 'soon'. Unless the whole outfit is out on vacation, 'soon' to me means in a couple hours.

Today I ordered a belt that may or may not be the right one from McMaster. I'm going to KEEP calling and Emailing Jessem until somebody bothers to respond, just so I can tell them why they'll never see any more money from me... and hopefully none from anybody else that might value my experience.

If you followed my instructions from woodnet the only issue you might have is the length of the belt. Mcmaster is great on returns. This is the stuff I go through daily. Typically a new company can be as difficult to deal with as a company that's been out of business for 50 years. Actually some of the companies out of business are easier to deal with.

The one I ordered was the only one that would be even close to the right one sold as a ready-to-go belt. We'll see.

For anyone interested, Jessem has still not returned my Emails or phone calls, and I've yet to actually have a person answer the phone.

I did, however, find three places to get the belt. I ordered one from McMaster and broke it because I had the tension too tight (which probably caused the original to fail). I thought that one was a bit 'wimpy', and ordered a different type from Grainger. Called them Monday morning, UPS guy brought it Tuesday at lunchtime. I also got the one from McMaster in less than two business days, standard UPS ground. Very impressive, both.

Thanks for keeping us updated Kirk. It was well over a year ago that someone was having this go-round with them and they finally got a response with the excuse that they were going through some reorganization.That might have been true then but, are they still reorganizing? Times are tough but that is all the more reason to be responsive.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 04-29-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    - Arthur C. Clarke

There's a thread on SMC that indicates they've been moving... but that doesn't cut it with me. 5 minutes to change the answering machine would've saved them some customers.