Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things to see in Denver - woodworking-wise.

Things to see in Denver - woodworking-wise.

My youngest is getting married in Denver this June and we're going to spend a few extra days there. We're going on the Pike's Peak cog railway (to satisfy my second passion) but I'd also like to see something in the woodworking or arts & crafts vein.

Any suggestions - other than the Rockler and Woodcraft stores.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Can't help you on the woodworking stuff, but my niece is a chef at Elway's if you are looking for a good place to eat. You can also check out Buffalo Bill's grave and museum.

Thanks Dale. Buffalo Bill, eh? Sounds interesting.

So far on the list:
    http://www.modernbungalow.com/
    and
    http://www.vancekirkland.org/
    and
    http://www.cograilway.com/default.asp

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Down by Colorado Springs is Cave of the Winds. There are some cliff dwellings there also. The cave is really neat. Check out the Denver Mint also. Casa Bonita is a good Mexican place. I spent about a month out there but befor I got involved with woodworking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Johnson View Post
    Check out the Denver Mint also.

Ask about free samples!!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

I can't help you either Rennie but I will congratulate you on the upcoming wedding. Marriage as an institution seems to need all the support it can get these days. Wish the new couple well for the future from me. I know its a way off but this is incase I forget by then.

On the other hand many of us older guys would say ....another one bites the dust.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    I can't help you either Rennie but I will congratulate you on the upcoming wedding. Marriage as an institution seems to need all the support it can get these days. Wish the new couple well for the future from me. I know its a way off but this is incase I forget by then.

On the other hand many of us older guys would say ....another one bites the dust.
    Thanks Rob, I'll pass your well wishes along. The couple plan on taking their honeymoon this fall, in (are you listening Toni) Spain. I'll have to make sure something special goes over the pond with them.

www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Thanks Rob, I'll pass your well wishes along. The couple plan on taking their honeymoon this fall, in (are you listening Toni) Spain. I'll have to make sure something special goes over the pond with them.
    Rennie, I haven't been to the place but IIRC, there is a Dealer for that Really High Dollar (German made I think) woodworking Bench there. I couldn't afford one, but IF I get the chance, I would sure like to see one in person. (Wish I could remember the name of that Bench). It's been so long since I lived there OR spent any time there I just can't help any further. Pass my Congratulations and Best wishes to the Kids too.

Norman I wonder if you are refering to Diefenbach Workbenches

They are in Pueblo, CO about two hours south of Denver.

Congrats on the wedding.
    And, you are being REAL smart taking the cog train up to PP. We once drove, before much of the road was paved, on the first day it was open one spring. Pure mud all the way. Coming down I had absolutely no braking or steering control. More than once I was sure we were going over the edge. I think all that saved us was the tires were following ruts in the mud. Never again.
    I digress.
    There is much to see and do in Colorado. Just outside Colorado Springs there is a olde style town with many shops. A couple have nice selections of local crafts on display for sale.
    Going up into the mountains to towns like Woodland Park and Nederland, you will find a lot of 'arty' folks and, I'm sure, woodworkers, carvers, etc.