Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever Felled a Tree on Top of a Sheep?

Ever Felled a Tree on Top of a Sheep?

Well the snow is just about all gone now, and the grass is starting to come up along with the trees budding out. I have been clearing pastures for awhile now and the sheep really love the tender buds. Naturally they were lolly-gagging around the trees I was cutting and eating the buds.

When I stepped up to this one tree, I saw my ram standing there ready for the freshest morsel of tree buds. Nothing says tasty eating like tender green Hackmactack buds! Anyway I figured he was smart enough to move once the saw starting boring into the wood.

I figured he would be smart enough to run once the tree started leaning over and falling his way.

I figured he would run like heck once the tree hit his back.

The Ram just looked at me, at the tree and then as it hit his back he nonchalantly started chomping on the buds. Thankfully just the limbs hit his back but I was still yelling "stupid sheep" at him, but after a bit of reflection I realized maybe he was the smart one, or at least efficient. He did not have to waste precious energy walking to his grazing, he simply let his food come to him even if it was through the air and at him at 128 miles per hour.

I also came to the conclussion that I have done some truly unique things with a chainsaw. I mean I landed a tree on a powerline last year, and this year I landed a tree on a sheep. I am betting very few people...loggers even...can say they have done those two things.

So has anyone else ever felled a tree on a sheep?
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

The sick and twisted person that I am, laughed hysterically at this.
    Go ahead and run clown, with those big floppy shoes, you won't get far.

Outside the beltway
    I'm still LOL

Topeka KS
    lol i was hoping for pics of a squished sheep!
    Als ik kan

GTA Ontario Canada
    From your confession Travis, I will make sure never to be around you and a chainsaw. Who ever said sheep were bright. For a moment there I thought you had lost your major producer. The other sheep would be no use without him. But come to think of it his genes have not exactly done you any good this last season. How many lambs did you say you got. I seem to remember calculations where we were to see this herd multiply. Not with more Rams.

Maybe it had calculated the trajectory much better than you and knew that fresh and fast food would come from the sky! So it wanted to be first one on the queue.
    Last edited by Toni Ciuraneta; 04-24-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Plainwell, Michigan
    Hey , the sheep was build RAM tough Thanks for a nice light funny story to start this day, it was needed

Kansas City, Missouri
    Too Funny!!! Thanks Travis!

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

falcon heights, minnesota
    that sheep must be a scotsman at heart, so thrifty with his energy, moving just enough to get out of the way, yet getting the best of the buds...
    benedictione omnes bene

DSM, IA
    Travis, I wouldn't turn my back to that ram...he might just want to get even sometime.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website