Shop Tour-One Eleven Store

On my last post I showed the big jointer-next to the big jointer and pointing towards the front of the shop is my planer-it's a 18"powermatic,one of those old green ones-
IMG_8104.jpg

the outfeed table for the planer is birch,2" thick, butcher block type,the sides are spanish cedar,the screw jack that adjusts the table up and down is heavy duty and the pedestal stand has a nice look-
IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

behind the planer is a big work table with one vise,it's sits over a pit,this building at one time had a auto garage - before lifts auto garages used pits-
DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0008-1.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

the only use I've found for the pit-
DSCF0016.jpg

on the east side of the work table is my veneer press,it's 8ft. long and 30in. wide,has nine racks with three screws in each rack, the racks are movable-
DSCF0025-1.jpg

if any of you wont one of those cats just send a cardboard box with some holes punched in it and the postage .
more to come----alex

Last edited:
Awesome playhouse, Alex. I can see you've put years and years into "making it your own". Thanks for sharing the pics. :thumb:

Very exciting tour. Your shop is well used. And, as I always say, a used shop is a loved shop.
Lotsa that wood looks like walnut, some with great figure.
That big ole lathe is also very interesting. I noticed the legs. From the pictures the castings look exactly like what is on the PowerMatic, Grizzly, Jet and probably others today. Coincidence or carry-over, I dunno.
Thanks for the tour.

well let me finish this up-there is one more machine-the # 3 table saw-a Tannewitz model J made 1926-the is a beautiful old machine,all original -
DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

next to the table saw is this old miter trimmer-
DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

in the winter this is where the scrapes go-
TEXAS1003.jpg

well that's the one eleven store-thanks for looking-
TEXAS1046.jpg

TEXAS1047.jpg