Bunch o' Small Stuff - Show Update

...it's always good to get new marketing information from knowledgeable vendors, (which isn't Always easy to come by).

One of the things we really like about doing these shows is the sense of community and camaraderie among the vendors. At least around here, most of the vendors seem eager to help other vendors, whether it's getting a canopy tent set up, watching the neighbor's booth while they take a bathroom break, or offering leads for other shows. :thumb:

Those are nice pieces, Vaughn. I really like the potpourri bowls...guess what I've been turning today...yep, potpourri bowls.

I took a break from turning but I'm easing back in to it. I think right now, stuff that has some function is probably more attractive to buyers than a pure art piece. Anyway, this year I'm focusing my turning efforts mainly in t hat direction with pieces like those you displayed plus salad bowl sets, salt and peppermills, etc.

Anyway, glad to hear you came out ahead at the show. A little profit to go with a lot of fun is always a good thing. :)

Hey Vaughn,
Pretty assortment of little things.. I've made the tea lights and they seem to sell well for me... how do the other items do..

Chuck, I sold three paper clip bowls, three potpourri bowls, but only two confetti lights, so I'd say they sold about equally, if not better.

...I think right now, stuff that has some function is probably more attractive to buyers than a pure art piece. Anyway, this year I'm focusing my turning efforts mainly in t hat direction with pieces like those you displayed plus salad bowl sets, salt and peppermills, etc...

I agree. At this show, the people who did seem to appreciate pieces for the artistic aspect were telling me they'd love to buy something but it's just not in the budget right now. On the other hand, the two "art" pieces I sold made up almost half of my total sales dollar-wise. It was good to have both low-priced and high-priced stuff on hand, at least for this show. (The only thing consistent about these shows is that nothing is consistent.) ;)

Larry, the potpourri lids are from Craft Supplies. They have a number of different styles, but unfortunately they only show pictures of the different styles in the catalog, but not on their website.