Any outdoor movie fanatics?

first movie night is tomorrow night, it looks incredible, some really smart guy invented this inflatable screen, what a great idea. we set it up in less than 10minutes tonight, hooked up the digital projector and voila!
Not a big crowd tomorrow night, maybe 15 or 18 tops, but I get to crank up the popcorn machine, a forbidden food for me, so Im happy, at least when my wife doesnt catch me with my hands in the popcorn cabinet.

a lousy night, alot of rain

35 people squished into my tiny dining area or stayed outside under the tent while it poured and poured.
Wed set up, wed rip it all down, and by 8:30, most figured no movie, might as well call it an early night. Around a dozen of use were left, we took a chance, ofcourse it never rained again.
Incredible picture, guy who invented this inflatable screen is one smart dude.
Ofcourse, my window shelf for the projector, and my bessey clamp holding an umbrella over it so it didnt get wet is just as smart, hehehehehe.

tiki bar and popcorn machine never shut down, rain or shine.

Attachments

• wood stuff 883 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 883 (Medium).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 18
  • wood stuff 882 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 882 (Medium).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 18
  • wood stuff 885 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 885 (Medium).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • wood stuff 887 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 887 (Medium).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
That looks like a great venue, Allen. Looks like you seriously underestimated the size of the initial crowd. Kinda handy that you have lots of outdoor furniture, too, huh? ;)

Mazel Tov Allen. Way to go to have some fun.:thumb::D

Just love that Tiki Bar. The atmosphere must be fantastic party time at your place. See that flashing light project you built someone had their hand on the button. But the little bottles all looked clear?

I wasnt in on the vote, they voted in Yes Man, nothing really for me.(but we squeezed it in, no rock band or Wii after, figured better not push our luck)

Vaughn, the bulk of the crowd came to eat.

I had put 3 rack of ribs up first, and that went before I even started the chicken, burgers, dogs, etc. I thought everyone would fill up on pasta salads and veggies, but the ribs went one, two three, and when the rain insisted on keeping most indoors, after they drank and ate enough, more than half the crowd headed home to relax.
We ended up with 13 to watch, and maybe 4 or 5 showed up after it was over to hang out.

Ron-they were left empty.
It kept raining, my son didnt feel like filling them up, then some bottles fell, couple of them broke, and there was enough alcohol, so it remained a conversation piece more so than an actual dispenser. Everyone played with it.
The popcorn machine got a heavy workout.(we dont leave the garage door open, but we were busy running back and forth with towels to dry everything after the rain stopped, then started, then stopped,)

Last edited: