Didn't Have A Family Visit Today

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm been part of this forum long enough to know the "no pics, didn't happen" rule, so I'm posting to tell you that today I didn't have a surprise visit at my show booth today from Family member Dan Gonzales. I also need to mention that I didn't meet his wife or any of the rest of his family. And since I didn't meet him, I can't tell you he's a very personable guy who I could probably talk show with for hours.

All of this didn't happen, unless Dan's young daughter -- who was carrying his camera around pretending to take pictures -- happened to actually get a shot of the two of us together. And of course I forgot to get my own camera out to prove the meeting happened, too. :doh:

Dan, it was great not meeting you and your entourage today, and I hope to get a chance to do the same again soon. :wave: :D

Well Vaughn, I'm Proud to see that you Actually Remembered the Rules,:rolleyes: (especially since YOU wrote 'em).:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Dan's Daughter got some Pics to Document this "NON EVENT").:D

So how did the show turn out? I hope you did OK.

Oh yes there is evidence of the visit... sort of... it was a 3 year old taking the pictures :)

These are pics of: the ground at Vaughn's booth, the right side table at Vaughn's booth, Vaughn's very nice wife behind the left side table, Vaughn's right shoulder and myself!

fam0.JPG fam1.JPG fam2.JPG fam3.JPG

This is my family at the event: back row - LOML, Misha exchange daughter from the Czech Republic, Alicia exchange daughter from Spain; front row - Katie (5), Elijah (2) and Amanda (3)

fam4.JPG

It was a very nice day and I would have spent a couple of hours talking shop with Vaughn, a few cold ones could have gone down too, but the family was starting a small mutiny.

Another time. Maybe setup a Southern California get together? I have a grill on wheels that goes from the beaches to the mountains and a very deep cooler!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wow Dan, I didn't know if she was actually pushing the button or not. :D (And I was gonna guess she was four. She was a cutie.) She did pretty good, all things considered. I have corroborating photos of my booth, in case anyone needs to do a forensic investigation of the pixels to ensure Amanda was actually taking pics at my booth. :rofl:

I think it'd be fun to have a SoCalpalooza one of these days. I'm sure we could talk shop and swap lies till the cows come home. :p

Norm, I just posted a show update over here:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13960