I feel at home here

you all are a great bunch of guys to share with and learn from,

I will be off the boards for a while after the 5th of May, I am turning the shop over to Jarrod [my son] and going on the road working for a friend traveling. I'll be doing assignments of energy used by the equipment in large corporations and radio stations. It is a major change. This will be my 2nd major change in my job career. The 1st was Buying a furniture refinishing shop 13 years ago after painting mural and faux finishing in homes for 13 years.

I remember listening to Billy Graham years ago and he asked retired folk what are the 3 major things you would do different in your life if you had it to do all over. The #1 answer was they would take more chances. Well I am following elderly advice along with prayer, I feel this is a good way to faze Jarrod into the business and get him looking at life in a more responsible way. He's one of the best furniture repair men I have trained and he far exceeds me in his abilities, he has also picked up a lot of my conservation skills and gilding. So between him and Manuel they will do very good. So after my hunting trip to Ky next week which is now canceled I will be off to Tx and then Denver May 5th for the 1st leg of my training. I just hope that maybe I can do a little hunting along the way.
So I will be making furniture a true hobby now and not just hobbies I love to come to work for.

Later

Dave, I'm glad you feel at home here, and that you have made a home here.

Even though your job is changing, you make sure you continue to drop by and tell us what you are up to, and judging by your avatar pic, you will need to show us some of your fishing pics when you get back as well!

Fair winds Dave!:wave:

Best of luck Dave. I've been through some major career changes too and I can tell you that you will be happy facing those new challenges.