Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow the New Ci0 is Here!!!

Holy Cow the New Ci0 is Here!!!

Boy oh boy is this one amazing tool, will it wash the truck, clean out the toilet and walk the dog....? ah...... no...... but man does it cut wood!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291139.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	31724 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291140.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	31725 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291141.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	31726
    One of the other members, sorry, I cannot remember his name right now, but he had not used any of the Ci tools before and he was really stunned at how well they worked.

The piece that we are both working on is a thin plater, it is only about 1/4" thick, and is made from the dreaded Keyaki (Japanese Elm) which is so very hard to turn when it is bone dry. I'm not kidding when I say it rings like a bell when dry. He did very well with this piece, and surprised himself with how well he did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291143.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	31728 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291144.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	31729 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4291145.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	31730
    Here I am doing my "Leatherface" impersonation

Boy does this tool cut, it is a round carbide insert and is designed to do a finishing cut on the inside of bowls etc.

Everyone had a good time over the last two days, and I finally got to do some turning

I also turned my first acrylic pen, I used the Ci1, with a r4 insert, it was so easy, it was funny.

Yep a good couple of days!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Looks like you had a blast! 2 days of nothing but turning...wow, that would be a great get away!

Is the Ci0 yours or did another member have one?

Are you going to become the Ci distributor for Japan?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Looks like you had a blast! 2 days of nothing but turning...wow, that would be a great get away!
    Not really two days, 9 AM until about 3PM, then to the L shop from 4 PM until 1 AM, but yeah, it was great
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower
    Is the Ci0 yours or did another member have one?
    That one is mine, but two of the other members also got a set of the Ci tools, Ci1, Ci2, Ci0 and various cutters. They are also both really excited with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower
    Are you going to become the Ci distributor for Japan?
    Nope, I introduced my friend Naoto Suzuki to Craig and Donna, at Easy Wood Tools, he already sells a ton of woodturning stuff, that is his business, and I'd not want to step on his toes, besides, he is one heck of a nice guy

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

You're just having too much fun. Isn't there an Aparto II thread with your name on it waiting in the wings??

oh, and Nice Hat!
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    You're just having too much fun. Isn't there an Aparto II thread with your name on it waiting in the wings??

oh, and Nice Hat!
    Not until "Golden Week" is over

Yeah, I like the hat too!
    William Arthur Ward

Stu, do you use the square or curved cutters? Which do you prefer?

Those do look like interesting tools! Gotta get one or two of those someday. Hate to see anyone else having all that fun and not get to take part in it.
    Why has common sense
    become so uncommon?

My Woodwork Site

Quote Originally Posted by John Daugherty View Post
    Stu, do you use the square or curved cutters? Which do you prefer?
    John, I have all three of the tools, I have the Ci1 which is the larger of the tools, it has three cutters available, a square cutter, a rounded cutter with a 2" radius, and a rounded cutter with a 4" radius. Of those, I like all three

Seriously, all three have their places in my tool box, all three can be used for various things.

I also have the Ci2 tool, which right now has only a square cutter, the Ci2 is a fair bit smaller tool than the Ci1.

Lastly I have the Ci0, which has a round cutter, it is much more of a finishing cut tool.

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward

Thanks Stu!

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    This is what gets my head spinning.... There are so many tools out there and when ever you watch a "professional" on one of the DVD's doing bowls they seem to end up saying this is the one tool you need for bowls. How do you really decide? Buy them all and sell off the ones you don't use?? It is this aspect of turning that is the most confusing. I know it will all make sense when I actually turn on but until then I'll keep trying to figure it out
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.