Now here's a weird plane

Wow, you're right!

Either this is one clueless person, or someone who WANTS us to think they are clueless. :dunno:

It looks like someone jammed the wedge and iron portion of an old woodie under the adjuster knob of an old No3.:huh:

Darned shame when you see hand tools treated like this. It's almost as bad as painting a nature scene on a saw! :rofl:

Well Vaughn at least it isnt all Pink like the range of tools I saw for women at the recent woodworking show. :rofl::rofl:

Looking at the ebay sellers store I dont think they did this deliberately I think they really just dont know most of the stuff is not even remotely near this category of goods. Guess someone is selling grandpas stuff.

On top of all that, the sole on the metal one is worn through to the front feet on the frog casting - look closely at the sole along the back edge of the throat.
I'm sure it's a rare piece of unique expressive Americana folk art, and we're just too dense to really appreciate it.
paulh

I'm wondering if this was the result of a whole bunch of old tools being tossed into a box when someone's grandfather died, and the two planes just happened to get stuck together in the process. :huh: I do see the feet of the frog casting that Paul mentioned.

And the bids are up to seven now. (Dang, there goes my plan of buying it cheap and surprising Ken with his very own antique combination plane.) :doh:

...Vaughn, you must be crusin' for permanent sofa time.

She's the one who picked it out. She thought it was "cute". :rolleyes: :p

I'm wondering if this was the result of a whole bunch of old tools being tossed into a box when someone's grandfather died, and the two planes just happened to get stuck together in the process. :huh: I do see the feet of the frog casting that Paul mentioned.

And the bids are up to seven now. (Dang, there goes my plan of buying it cheap and surprising Ken with his very own antique combination plane.) :doh:

She's the one who picked it out. She thought it was "cute". :rolleyes: :p

Wimmins?? :huh::huh::huh:

With all these comments we are all forgetting that eventually someone will pay whatever amount to have it,(or should I say them?). So, who are we to judge anybody's taste or knowledge on tools?

Maybe the bidders are only interested in the metal box that goes with them?:D:D