Ultimate Garden tiller

Took a road trip yesterday with Nephew Wade to pick up a new tiller. well new to him anyway. :D Now I can till the garden in a hurry!!! 14 feet at a time.

On a side note the onions are coming up, peas are coming along nicely. Greenhouse is almost full.

Attachments

• st160s.jpg
    st160s.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 57
  • st160sa.jpg
    st160sa.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 53
  • st160sb.jpg
    st160sb.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I am a city boy - my garden is 20x25 feet

I cannot even comprehend - what something like that thing would do. I can only imagine - the tractor pulling it and powering it - must be over 10 hp.

Heck - for that matter - I would imagine that is the tractor was mad at my house - then mu house would loose.

What would the tractor be - maybe 30 - 50 hp --- electric start and all.

What say ye?

Wade's picking up 115HP 4 WD New Holland Wednesday. But we also have the 1800 Ollie with the 5.9 Cummins in thats rated at 180hp. I think we got it covered

I think Howard claims minimum to run it is 80HP 100hp Preferred. I'll get picks of it working, if it ever drys out enough to get in the ground

I can understand tillers used for commercial use but tillers for the home garden once it is established can be done away with as well as growing twice as much in half the space.

There is a book out by Mel Bartholomew called square foot gardening ISBN 321.B28

http://www.squarefootgardening.com/index.php/Square-Foot-Gardening/contact-the-sfg-foundation.html

So if you want to take less time & a lot of the work out of your gardening each year after initial set up I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Gee Square foot gardening - a blast from the past -

I actually usta have that book - yes it works.

On the tiller - I am suprised at 100hp. I was expecting 500 hp or so
Just shows to go ya how much I kown about that stuff