Churchill

Les Elm

Titanium Gold Rollerball dressed in Morocan Thuya Burl.
Finished with CA Only and polished to 12000 MM.
As always commensts and or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for looking.

Les

Attachments

• Churchill Titanium Gold with Morocan Thuya Burl (Medium).JPG
    Churchill Titanium Gold with Morocan Thuya Burl (Medium).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Churchill Titanium Gold Rollerball with Morocan Thuya Burl (Medium).JPG
    Churchill Titanium Gold Rollerball with Morocan Thuya Burl (Medium).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
Les, you may yet inspire me to turn a few more pens. Something I have not done for quite a while. Your finishes always look great. Could you possibly go into step by step details as to how you do your finishing? When you say you do 6 coats of poly or CA only, are you rubbing the finish dry on the lathe? How long do you wait between coats? If I remember correctly you have listed a couple of different types of finish on your pens. Do you choose which finish by the pen material? just what's in your shop at the time? or are you still experimenting with different things? Your stuff looks so good I just figured your way past the experimenting stage.

Les, you may yet inspire me to turn a few more pens. Something I have not done for quite a while. Your finishes always look great. Could you possibly go into step by step details as to how you do your finishing? When you say you do 6 coats of poly or CA only, are you rubbing the finish dry on the lathe? How long do you wait between coats? If I remember correctly you have listed a couple of different types of finish on your pens. Do you choose which finish by the pen material? just what's in your shop at the time? or are you still experimenting with different things? Your stuff looks so good I just figured your way past the experimenting stage.

Ken

I have arched my PDF Tutorial for my CA Only finish.

I tried to post my Tutorial for my Minwax Poly finish but the file is too large for the forum limits.

I will contact Vaughn to see if he can help.

These 2 Tutorial should help answer you questions.

Les

Attachments

• Med CA Only Pen Finish.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
Gorgeous pen, Les. :clap:

I got the CA finish tutorial copied over to the Tips & Tutorials section. You can e-mail the other PDF file to me and I'll get it set up there, too.

Thanks for taking the time to write the tutorials. :thumb: