Cathie, LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.
royall,

You already know I'm here for you and Cathie. And you can see the rest of the Family is there too. Our thoughts are with you my friend. God knows you've taken good care of Cathie and it's in his hands now.

I'll be calling you again later.

Aloha, Tony

Prayers for strength and peace, my friend.

May I suggest that you read these comments to your lovely Cathie, because as you well know, our thoughts and prayers are for both of you.

Cathie, your dear Royall has made many friends here, and we all care about him (and you) very much. Know that he has a place to come to be understood, to be loved, to vent as he needs to, to be lifted up as needed, and in due time, to be razzed as the opportunity presents itself.

This path is not easy, but it is one we must all travel one day. May your days be without pain. May sleep come easily and be restful. May you share memories that make you laugh and smile. Take time to share together the lovelies of each day; a blossoming flower, an unexpected phone call from a loved one, the setting sun, a favorite food to eat, a song that means more than words, and know these are some of the many ways to know that God loves us, laughs with us, comforts us, and, when it is time, receives us.

Vaya con Dios.

Nothing to add to what has already been said, Royall, my prayers are with both of you.
Be strong, and stay next to her as much as you can, most problably she is more worried about you than herself, and she needs to know that you'll be OK.

Royall,
When there seems little you can do, you can simply be present with your love.

I hope the remaining time you two have together brings meaning and ultimately peace. Thanks for reaching out to us here, and know that hands and hearts are extending to you both, from all around this world.

Ken

Royall,

Please know that you and Cathie are in my thoughts and prayers. We are your Family, and your Family is here for you - to listen, to pray, to hope.

Blessings to you both.

Nancy

Royall,
Your wife & family will be in our prayers. As everybody said We are your family just a bit extended. If you need to vent please use me I got thick skin. Just keep in mind you & Cathie are loved by all of us. We hope & Pray for you all.

Chuck

There's nothing I can say that the others haven't so I'll just add my voice to the chorus that's here. You and Cathie will be in our thoughts and prayers. Oklahoma City isn't exactly next door to Hawaii but if there's anything, anything at all that we can do for you all you have to do is ask and it's yours.

In the bible - and in the marriage vows - the concept is that two individual people with seperate and different personalities will come together and be one -----

Paul Stookie(sp?) of Peter Paul and Mary sings the wedding song - and the two shall come together.

Royall & Cathie -- two individuals -- now ONE.

Diane and I have been married 32 years this year.

I don't know when - I don't know how - it is a mystery - but we are one ---

God is there with you - I will pray for you - you have friends here.

I am on the east coast - an ocean - and a continent away --- but can you feel my arm around you shoulder?

My throat hurts, my eyes burn, a tear runs down my face --- my heart goes out to you.

I cannot fathom - they hurt you feel

I thank God daily for Diane.

I pray for you.
I pray for Cathie.

Royall,

Doorlink and I were so sorry to hear of your news. You may recall she faced something similar, though far less severe. Such things are not just moments that try our souls, but long events that change everything we know. Carol's words are some of the best I've ever heard, and I can't come close to them. All I can add is that I hope you can find a way to give Cathie strength when she feels weak, to bring her peace when she feels fear, to help her find courage when she's feeling despair, and to focus on the beauty of your love for each other, especially in those times when all seems lost. Please know that we're with you in spirit, even though we may be thousands of miles away...

Peace,

Bill

Royall, my heart goes out to you both, my lovely wife Emiko was diagnosed with cancer just over a year ago, we were very lucky, in that it was caught very early and she is cancer free now for a year. The whole experience is gut wrenching, I can only start to understand what you are going through.

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

Stu & family in Tokyo

I want to say thank you to all of you that have posted here today. I told Cathie that I posted about her here on FW and when I told her of the response, she got tears in her eyes. She couldn’t believe so much could come from a bunch of WW’ers. :D When she's up to it I'll read all the responses you have posted. Again, all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. I will keep you posted as time goes by. You may have seen a few posts today as I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. It has been a bit mind numbing this weekend but like Cathie told me today, I’ve got to keep going. Thanks also to all of you that PM’d me directly. We do have a truly wonderful group here with the biggest hearts in the world.
With great respect and admiration,

royall, i told the frau about what was happening, and i got 8 minutes in spanish, which boils down to basically to put all this in god's hands, and put your complete faith and trust in god to do what is right. she is putting you both in her daily prayers as well.

Sorry Royall

I know this will be a very difficult time in your life and I wish you did not have to go through it. Words are hard to come by to express my sympathy. Just know I/we are here for you.
Famous line from a famous Beatles' song-" Love is all you need". Don't forget to take care of yourself to be able to take care of Cathie.

My Sympathies

Hi Royall and Cathie

Some real good people here rooting for you both. My deepest sympathies go out to both of you. I hope and trust that the companionship and support you find through your friends here on the forum are a little comfort to you in this time of difficulty.

Very tough to read of this sadness you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

As my mom always says "keep your chin up laddie" .

All the best

Rob

P.S. I like your avatar it is most appropriate and a constant reminder to us all that this illness needs to be tackled and conquered.

Wishing you all the best....

In my small community (Clinton County IL) of 38,000 people, the community consistently raise around $250,000 per year for the Relay for Life Program. The local RFL has one of the highest per capita fund raising revenue in the entire U.S. Over the years I have been a Gold and Silver sponsor.

Stories like yours make me glad I am.

Cherish every day.

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.