Linda, LOML - August 19, 2009

Sorry to hear the latest Rennie. Cathie asked me this afternoon how your wife was doing but I didn't know as I didn't have the computer on until a bit ago. She's in bed already so I'll tell in the morning. Her hospital bed will be here tomorrow. Cathie didn't want to get it but the nurse said it would help with pain management when sitting up in bed. The pillows just don't cut it.

Glad to hear Linda's spirits are still up. I think that is half the battle.

Keep us posted,

Royall

Rennie

Been away from the computer for a few days and just read of this.

My prayers are for you and Linda, I am sure you will give her all the support that is possible and I pray for strength and faith for both of you.

Garry

There was an NPR story today about using Interleuken and an experimental vaccine in conjunction to get the immune system to kill the cancer cells. The cancer they were targeting with this was myeloma (sp? - a form of skin cancer).

Not sure if this would be helpful or accessible for your wife at this point, but figured I'd pass on the info.

I hope everything goes as well as it can!

There was an NPR story today about using Interleuken and an experimental vaccine in conjunction to get the immune system to kill the cancer cells. The cancer they were targeting with this was myeloma (sp? - a form of skin cancer).

Not sure if this would be helpful or accessible for your wife at this point, but figured I'd pass on the info.

I hope everything goes as well as it can!
We'll ask about it - thanks

Still think and reading.

Renie - I do hope Linda pulls through and you guy can have many more hapy hears.

Diane and I are very close too and I cannot imagine live any other way.

Royall - I am with you too. My God hold you up.

I pray for both of you - life is dificult, at times

Rennie - I do hope Linda pulls through and you guys can have many more happy hears.
I pray for both of you - life is difficult, at times
Leo, I'm always happy when I hear her. :rofl: (I know you meant years:D)

Actually, we've been holding course for a while. Some little bumps in the road now and then, but no huge spikes or valleys to report on. This past week a number of people she worked with some years ago when she was a special ed teacher stopped in for a visit. One came all the way from Boston. Such things are good medicine.:thumb:
DSC_0068 (530 x 800).jpg

Just a quick update, but first, thanks to all of you who have kept Linda in your thoughts and prayers.

We've started a new round of radiation - this time on the brain. The myeloma is attacking several areas of the skull so it is a full brain radiation. There will be 12 treatments. Hair loss is inevitable, some memory loss is possible. Chemo was on hold because her blood counts were way down. They are now back up and, if the radiation does not knock them down again, we'll restart the chemo in early July.

Just a quick update, but first, thanks to all of you who have kept Linda in your thoughts and prayers.

We've started a new round of radiation - this time on the brain. The myeloma is attacking several areas of the skull so it is a full brain radiation. There will be 12 treatments. Hair loss is inevitable, some memory loss is possible. Chemo was on hold because her blood counts were way down. They are now back up and, if the radiation does not knock them down again, we'll restart the chemo in early July.

honestly, I'm at a loss for words... I've worked at a hospital for many,many years, and know what you both are dealing with. I've had friends who've walked your path as well... all I can say is Prayers are as effective as any medicinal procedures, and go together hand-in-hand. Peace to you both