New member here from Indiana!

Tom Baugues

Hello all. I have enjoyed woodworking on and off for about 15 years. I bought a small lathe about 10 years ago and made small items like pens, yo-yo's and such, then burned my hands pretty bad at my day job. I had to stop turning, and when my hands finally healed up about 6 months later I got intrested in a new hobby and put away my lathe. After moving into a new home I just never really got back into it. Well last week while on vacation I came across a guy who was selling pens and such and the spark has lit again. I've been getting out all my lathe tools and going through my boxes of older kits and wood scraps. I look forward to learning what's new and sharing.

Tom

Did someone say Pictures???? As a photographer I happen to have a few. I'll have to see what I can find.
Here is one of a few pens, Yo-Yo's, Spinning tops and a set of Darts. Oh and I'm in Lafayette Indiana. PURDUE country!!

Tom

Attachments

• 001 resized.jpg
    001 resized.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 24
Did someone say Pictures???? As a photographer I happen to have a few. I'll have to see what I can find.
Here is one of a few pens, Yo-Yo's, Spinning tops and a set of Darts. Oh and I'm in Lafayette Indiana. PURDUE country!!

Tom

well Lafayette is real close to north judson,, look up john shively he is in north judson he teaches there:D

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have a good feeling about this place. I've been reading through a lot of threads the past couple of night. You guy's do some amazing work. I don't have a high end lathe like most of you but I hope to get started on some small work very soon.

Tom

Hi Tom:wave:

let me be the first Manning fan to welcome you to the board............

uh....no...wait......you got the wrong Manning brother, the one with the rocket release, we got the young version over here on the east coast.

btw, have you been to the new Stadium for any event yet, that is one gorgeous place, such a shame 2 new stadiums here in NY this year, and neither chose to put a roof on it......ok..back to woodworking.