Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road trip!!!

Road trip!!!

My nephews get me in to more trouble

Wayne buys a Kenworth cabover in Monroe NC, Wade volunteers me to ride along with him to go get it, Wayne finds out that the guy he bought the truck from has a roll back and tilt in Middlebury Vermont. So he gets the guy to pay Wade and I to go to VT and get the roll back and take it to NC, then pick up Wayne's truck and bring it home.

So what started out as a little over 1000 mile road trip turned in to almost 2000 miles.

I'll wave as I go by, Or call me, if the times right maybe I can hook up for a bite with some of you along the way.

I'm leaving in the morning and heres the route

Pm me, I'l send you my number, If I miss you Jim Delany has my number, And I'll send it to Vaughn
    Throw Apples out the Windows, but make sure not to hit the Penguin.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it canít be done.

give a shout when you get through syracuse, pm sent
    Last edited by Ned Bulken; 05-07-2009 at 02:05 AM.
    -Ned

Robert:

Hopefully the rollback rides better on the highway than the International DT466 I have access to. Otherwise Vermont's going to seem a LOT further away from North Carolina than it appears on the map.

I've never ridden in a cabover semi so I don't know what the ride is like but highway driving is what they are designed for, so it should be livable.

Enjoy the trip. I'll wave as you pass thru New Jersey

Jim

I've ridden in lots of bad rides over the years Jim,
    Once we get to NC Wades driving the KW, I'll be in the pickup so I don't care how the KW rides

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it canít be done.

Good thing you have the truck(s). According to Google Maps, it'd take quite a while to walk that route:

1,827 mi Ė about 25 days 5 hours

Have a good trip, Robert.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

enjoy vermnt rob,, its a fun state to drive in,,and virginia is one long state to go threw!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Sounds great....I think.
    Wats a 'roll back and tilt' ?

I'll Wave...

As you roll thru Albany, NY.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Well that was a an almost disaster.

Didn't get rolling till 9AM since SOMEONE, (not me) forgot to go to the bank and get the money to pay for the KW. About the time we where rolling through Buffalo Wayne calls and I quote " you need to be in NC by 4 pm Friday so you have time to go to the DMV and get the plates" WHAT???

Oh well we got Middlebury about 7pm, Got the pickup loaded, tried to wheel and deal on a new trailer, went and got fuel and a bite to eat by that time it was 9:00PM hmm Decision time, 19 hours, 900 miles in an unknown truck?

Called the guy in NC told him we where going home with his truck All it would have taken was little mistake and we would have been sitting in NC all weekend looking handsome, Which we do quite well by the way.

We are going to head out Sunday afternoon, That way we don't have to get in any big hurry.

Did get to talk to Ned on the phone as we rolling along I90 though. Was going to call him up on the way back through but I figured he wouldn't have a sense of humor about a 3am phone call

Frank, Roll back and tilt is one of those flat beds you see hauling cars for the tow company,, the bed slides backwards then tilts to the ground for loading and unloading

roll back and tilt, ain't thet clever? HoKay, now I know.
    Thanks.