How straight should jointer knives be?

I hope they eventually come back properly sharpened and useablely long.

It almost looks like I could rig up a fence on my Wolverine grinding jig platform rest and do a better job at home.

Maybe it is a good thing that you have the middle person to complain to the service location on your behalf. If the woodworking shop threatens to send all their sharpening business elsewhere it has more impact than (from a business's perspective) some random person who might well be a one-time customer even if things are perfect.

Maybe the equipment shop might loan you a set of replacement blades at least while this is resolved?

Good luck!

The knives came back and they are sharp, straight and shiny. There wasn't excessive grinding. I knew Battel's would take care of it, but I'm never having anything sharpened through them again.

Their per inch sharpening charge was higher than a mail order place or driving 45 minutes away, but the cost was a wash as far as totals taking shipping, time and gas.

I'll still stand up for them as far as machinery and hardware, but not sharpening.

Cheers.

I've been watching this with soe interest as I currently have two sets of knives out for sharpening. After seeing yout post I took mine right to the sharpener rather than go through my local WW store.