Small Box I made

Dan Thibert

I am not sure this is the right place to post this but here it goes:dunno:
This is the little box that I have struggled over. It is far from being perfect, and the flash does not help :eek:

But I hade completed it and my wife is bringing it to Detroit tomorrow for a First Communiom and she loves it :thumb:

I feel it is not worthy of posting here with all the beautiful pieces of art I have seen, but I have to tell myself I am only starting. And maybe one of you were this bad at one time :rofl:

Thanks for all your help with this project.

Attachments

• DSC02612.JPG
    DSC02612.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02613B.JPG
    DSC02613B.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 82
I think it looks great Dan. It looks better than the last box I tried to make. We all start somewhere and go from there. If you enjoyed building it and your wife loves it, I'd say you have a smashing success on your hands. :)

Dan, that's a very nice looking box - you should be proud. But, we as woodworkers are always our own worst critics - I guess it comes with the territory. I've never made anything that I have been 100% satisfied with and I suspect most others feel the same way.

Your peers like it, your wife loves it - it definitely deserves being posted here for others to see and enjoy!

Good job! Keep it up!

Jim

Me thinks you dun good Dan. Also me thinks you are to hard on yourself and work. You made it, your wife loves it, it is an heirloom. Be proud, sure someone else (not me) could make better, but so what???? You made it and it is eye appealing as well as functional. Great job, keep posting and no more excuses!;)

...I feel it is not worthy of posting here...

Get outa town! :D Anybody's work is worthy of posting here, especially something as special as an heirloom box like yours. Sure, you'll always find things you'd like to do differently on the next one, but it looks like you did a fine job on this one. :thumb:

Get outa town! :D Anybody's work is worthy of posting here, especially something as special as an heirloom box like yours. Sure, you'll always find things you'd like to do differently on the next one, but it looks like you did a fine job on this one. :thumb:

Plus, you can give pointers to people wanting to do something similar...we can all learn from each other's mistakes:doh:....and successes.:thumb: