Jet 1642EVS2 on sale

I don't remember them ever being $2,199.00. That might just be a 'hook' for the promo. Still a good lathe with lot of features for the money.
It is, arguably, the fraternal twin to the Grizzly G0632 which is $1,425.00 regular price.

Frank, The Jet is 2 hp; Griz 1.5 HP. The Jet has 5 year warranty; Griz has 1 year warranry, and the Jet has free shipping from Amazon. Griz doesn't. So IMO the Jet at this sale price is a much better value even assuming the Griz is of equal quality otherwise. FWIW, I've been tracking this Jet model for quite a while, and it's the best price on it I've seen.

Even with shipping on the grizzly its still $170 cheaper along with the fact it has a solid tailstock versus the web design on the jet and the minimum speed on the jet is 50 rpm where as the grizzly you can take it down to 0 rpm. I bought the GO462 lathe and come to find out it is a knockoff of the Laguna lathe for half the price. There was a time when a product name meant something but with almost everything nowadays made by one or two manufacturers and everybody putting their own label on it, it really doesn't matter to much anymore.

I don't remember them ever being $2,199.00. That might just be a 'hook' for the promo. Still a good lathe with lot of features for the money.
It is, arguably, the fraternal twin to the Grizzly G0632 which is $1,425.00 regular price.

Agreed, this Jet is the 2 hp model, that makes a difference.
Since we are on the subject...;)....I have leaned hard into work on my Griz and the motor hasn't cried 'Uncle' yet.