Pen Press Giveaway! We Have Our Winners!

Would you like to enter the drawing for a free pen press?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I messed up the first poll so there was no way to know who had entered. If you were the one person who responded to the original poll. please enter again.

Hey pen turners...who would like to win a great pen press?

Pen%20Presses%202%20-%20600.jpg

This pen press (and several others like it) were built and generously donated by a Family Woodworking member who wanted to quietly give something back to the community here. This member would prefer to not make a big deal about his donation, but we'll let the winner(s) of this giveaway know who their benefactor is so they can thank him personally. ;)

At this point, the forum staff has specific plans for a few of the pen presses, but we have at least two up for grabs, and quite possibly more in the future. So this drawing will have at least two winners, and possibly more. :D

Like our previous drawings, here are the particulars:

1. Our giveaways are "opt in" affairs. Only the members who enter the drawing by answering to that effect in the poll are eligible to win. The poll will be open for a week, and a numbered list will be made of the entrants. We'll use www.random.org to pick the winning numbers.

2. Family Woodworking Staff members are ineligible. Sorry Frank. :p I'm bummed, too. ;)

3. You must enter to win. If you accidentally voted "No Thanks" or change your mind, send me a PM and I'll get you moved to the right list. This is a new drawing...if you entered another drawing you will not be included in this one unless you enter it.

4. For each pen press given away, the drawing will be done using a computer-generated random number. That number will be matched to the corresponding entry number. In other words, if 100 people enter the drawing, the number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100. We'll repeat this process for each press we give away. If, by some odd chance, the random number generator picks the same number twice, we'll disregard the second pick and draw again. (In other words, the same person can't win both pen presses.)

5. The drawing will be done at (or somewhere shortly after) midnight Pacific time on Sunday, May 17th. The winners will be notified via e-mail and PM, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If a prize remains unclaimed, it's back to the random number picker to find another name. Once the winners are confirmed, the prize will be sent to the address the winner specifies.

Many thanks to [a member we'll just call Joe] for the generous donation, and good luck to you all! :wave:

Wow nice lookin pen press, nice thing to give them back to the family, and a real generous donation from whoever did the donation :thumb::thumb::thumb:
I opted "no thanks" not being a turner and all, so good luck to you turners :thumb:

Someone indeed did a very good job on these. Unfortunately, like Tom, I'm not a turner so I wouldn't be able to use this. Whomever gets them though will get a great additional to their pen making setup. Also, thanks to the FWW management team for making this available.

Many thanks to that anonymous donor! I'm no turner so I won't enter the draft but I hope that the member that gets it makes great use of it:thumb:

Pen Press Giveaway! Take II

Yeah, I'm with Mack. :huh: I opted in the first time and did again this time. Looks like a nice press. My thanks to our benefactor. :thumb:

Royall, if we win, we can share. :rofl:

Aloha, Tony

Mack and Tony, thanks for opting in again. Sorry about my mistake on the previous poll. (You just can't hire good help these days.) :rolleyes: :p

Mike (and KaLea), Although I can't take your names off the listing shown in the poll, I'll be sure to remove them when I actually compile the list for the drawing. ;)

And if one of you guys outside the Continental US happens to win, we'll find a way to get it to you. :thumb:

I'm in. Great looking pen press. Looks like something my students could copy so they can build their own press in the wood shop. If I don't win one, would like to know where the plans are for this. Thanks to the donor and staff.

I voted no, as I already have a Dungeon Custom Pen Press :rolleyes: and shipping would be a lot.

That said, Joe did a fine job to be sure, and I'm positive it will get a lot of use by the lucky members who get one :clap:

I voted no, as I already have a Dungeon Custom Pen Press :rolleyes: and shipping would be a lot.

That said, Joe did a fine job to be sure, and I'm positive it will get a lot of use by the lucky members who get one :clap:

You're not eligible anyway, Mister Staff-Boy. :p Heck, I'd enter myself if I could. Shipping to my house would be cheap, since they're already here. :rofl: And I've seen them in person, so I know how nice they are. ;)

Count me in. Looks like a very nice press and since I currently use a crappy old HF clamp to put my pens together it would come in quite handy. What a generous donation from a member. Definitely represents the Family portion of family woodworking.

John