Sort of a Shimmy

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently a blonde woman ran over a mattress on the highway but decided not to worry about it and kept driving.

The ensuing jumble finally whipped around enough to tear a hole in the fuel tank. The subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought her vehicle to a stop. She had still managed to drive 30 more miles with a 60-pound tangle of stuff wrapped around her drive shaft. She had the car towed to her dealership and complained that the vehicle had "sort of a shimmy" when she was driving at high speeds.

Here are some pics of what they found at the dealership...the last photo is the best.

Blonde Mattress 01.jpg

Blonde Mattress 02.jpg

Blonde Mattress 03.jpg

"Sort of a shimmy" ...I'll bet it did. :rofl:

Just take a minute to think about what else this person ran over but didn't realize it because of not paying attention:eek:. Kind of a scary thought to share the road with people like this.

Must have been following this guy....

Jeff, at least that one is partially restrained.

Some years ago I was driving on the highway around Grand Rapids, MI, and a couple cars in front of us was someone with a queen (or double) mattress set in a utility trailer.

No ropes. Just sitting in the trailer.

Yup, you guessed it. The trailer caught one little bump, gave a little bounce, and the mattress on top caught some air and when flying and tumbling up into the air and came down in the median.

They kept driving. Seemed like they had just not noticed the commotion behind them. (Swerving and honking ensued, I tell you!)
I was going to try and flag them down, but I was a few cars back, and couldn't catch up...

...art