Old Woodworker Joins in ...

Howdy folks - this is the most interesting forum I have seen on the internet and have, therefore, joined. Now retired, I have enjoyed working in the hobby I enjoy the most - woodworking. Started Woodcraft Plans in 1985 and turned it over to my son when he graduated from college. I kid him about dropping in to his shop and using his tools like he use to do with me. Only - I sharpen his after I use them.

He's done a really good job with the family business. He has developed a lot of new plans of his own. Plus, he embarked on a growth strategy that I would not have had the guts to do: he calls it "lateral integration" which is buying up your competitors.

He first bought Furniture Designs, Inc., then Hayes Patterns, Inc., then American Woodcrafts, Inc, then Wooden Memories, Inc. Each purchase brought more and more project pattern designs into his company.

Anyway, I just like to hang out in the shop and build whatever comes to mind (and all those things folks tell me they'd like to have).

Though I would stop in and say hello and introduce myself. Thanks to all the people that developed this forum. I will try to add some tips I have learned along the way.

Col. Benjamin Jones
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels

Benjamin,
Welcome and congrats on a happy retirement. It will be great having another seasoned vet lurking in the wings to offer input. Glad you're here.
paulh

Welcome Colonel. (will wait until I know you better before I ask if you are related to Col. Sanders :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) yeah there is one in every group!!:eek::wave::wave::rofl: Welcome, look forward to your input and thanks for the advancement of our craft with your original company and the existing company.