Ci1 Cutter question too.

Ci1 Cutter tool

I have all of them,plus four thompson gouges with one more that I am considering.You will not go wrong,plus they are both great guys to deal with.
Ken

I have the Ci1 and the Ci0 -- the Ci0 had a learning curve for me -- should have watched the movie.. Now I used it as intended instead of how I wanted to use it... It is a go to tool -- I use it so often I may forget how to hollow with a bowl-gouge.. I could push-pull, angle, shove, side-cut, abuse in many different ways the Ci1 and never get a catch -- I use my Thompson tools to feel the cuts of ribbons flying off... together they a fine set of tools.. Thompson tool allow you get in the groove and you know it is right -- therapy.

Paul

yep i have one of the Ci1 tools and I love using it, cuts endgrain very nicely....makes a tennon fast and easy.......side to side cutting, plunging, light scrapping movements......Bought a Oneway large handle to put it in....then I bought a large handle from monster and a 1/2" bowl gouge from Thompson and together my large bowl scrapper i simply have a blast making things.
You will get many comments about the Ci1 both good and not so good (see AAW forum threads)..........In the hands of kids just learning this is a increadibly easy and Safe tool to use. ohhh did i say how fast i can do things with it ???
One thing i learned quick using the Ci1 - Speed is your friend (lathe speed that is).....if your having some tear out problems or its not cutting to your satisfaction and of course if the cutter is not dull......either way it works for me nicely

...You will get many comments about the Ci1 both good and not so good (see AAW forum threads)...

As I said over there, the only people I've seen who complained about Craig's tools are those who've not used them. :rolleyes: Some people just simply can't believe there might be a better solution than a bowl gouge, and seem to think someone is a lesser turner if they don't embrace the traditional methods. Tradition is a good thing, and I rely on it heavily, but I also drive a car and live in an air conditioned house. Sometimes things change for the better. ;) Craig's tools are an example of that.