Any Shooters or Reloaders Here?

Pete Simmons

Any Shooters / Reloaders here?

I am looking for 2 or 3 empty rifle cartridges and a few bullets to try to make a few rifle pens like Les made. Maybe .308, 30-06, .270 or other large cartridge. Need to try a few sizes to see what works best with rollerball pen parts.

I have some ideas for engraving these rifle pens and I would be glad to trade some engraving for the parts.

Les and I had a plan, but the US vs Canada customs and shipping put it on hold.

I know rifle pen kits are available but I want to use the real thing.

We have thousands down in our reloading room of almost any size Pete. Let me know for sure what you want and will check for that/those sizes and hook you up:thumb:

Id unload a few hundred rounds through my Norinco if I could tolerate the drive to the range, or the open country. My indoor range doesnt allow any high powered rounds.Id think with all the people here that live in rural areas, finding some 30-06 brass shouldnt be that hard.

Last edited:
You know, that might be a good reason to go buy another gun! :rofl::rofl:
Yep honey, need the empty brass to make cartridge pens!!!:huh::thumb:
I have used a 30-30 shell, but doesn't match up on the nib, now if I reseated a bullet?:dunno:
Can't help now, hope someone does for you.

If you just need a few, pretty much any gun shop would likely just give them to you...I did that when I needed some .223 brass to size a holder for the brass from a military funeral.

For large quantities, try Dillon.

I have .30-06 nickle and brass and .308 brass. I have solid copper bullets and jacketed ones. I saw a Jr. Gent done on .300 Winchester magnum that may interest you. Google bullet pens and look for something Well Dressed ? If anything I have catches your fancy let me know.
Dale

Thanks

Thanks for all the help and ideas.

Tom is going to be able to help me out.

I know I can buy a box of 50 or 100 from a place like Gander or a Gun Shop but I just want to try one.

I will keep you posted on results.