Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From AAW Forum - Joke

From AAW Forum - Joke

Have you ever gone out to the shop in your bathrobe and slippers and picked up the chisels and turned? Had to empty your robe pockets of wood chips? Take off your robe discreetly and shake the chips out of it before going back into the house? Had to brush the chips out of your slippers so you didn't track them all over the carpets? At 2:00AM? More times than I like to admit!

Read this on the AAW site...........scary part is i just came in from the garage where i was tinkering with an idea - while not at 2:00am in the morning but it was 11:00 at night..................hummmm maybe i need therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mosley View Post
    Have you ever gone out to the shop in your bathrobe and slippers and picked up the chisels and turned? Had to empty your robe pockets of wood chips? Take off your robe discreetly and shake the chips out of it before going back into the house? Had to brush the chips out of your slippers so you didn't track them all over the carpets? At 2:00AM? More times than I like to admit!

Read this on the AAW site...........scary part is i just came in from the garage where i was tinkering with an idea - while not at 2:00am in the morning but it was 11:00 at night..................hummmm maybe i need therapy
    Need therapy? This is therapy.

At 2:00 AM I'm just hitting my stride in the shop, but on more than one occasion I've gone out to the shop right before bed, in my pajama pants and slippers, to put one more coat of finish on a piece. I (so far) have avoided actually turning on the lathe when I'm not really dressed for it, but I've had to blow sanding dust off my pajamas and slippers before going back into the house.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reid View Post
    Need therapy? This is therapy.
    Hear hear!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I refuse to comment.

I plead guilty of that as well.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    At 2:00 AM I'm just hitting my stride in the shop, but on more than one occasion I've gone out to the shop right before bed, in my pajama pants and slippers, to put one more coat of finish on a piece. I (so far) have avoided actually turning on the lathe when I'm not really dressed for it, but I've had to blow sanding dust off my pajamas and slippers before going back into the house.
    I suppose that's an advantage of having the shop part of the house or really close by... my shop is 40 yards back of the house in the trees... after 9 pm here is pitch black out that way and the path can be a little daunting in the dark. I've worked out there a few nights and then invariably trip over the big rock sticking up in the middle of the path behind the house.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Just last night I went out because I left a light on...I was dreading it because I was very tired and wanted to go to bed. Once I got out there, I sanded a bit, added another coat of finish, cut up a blank, and started to mount it on the lathe when I realized I was suppose to be in bed...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I have never did that. Oh yea I forgot about the time out there in my flip-flops, boxers and t-shirt taking the finishing cuts on a bowl.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

ALRIGHT!!!! I'm not the only one!!!
    Why has common sense
    become so uncommon?

My Woodwork Site