Hey, Vaughn,

It was closer to Vaughn than to me. I was running on the treadmill and didn't even notice but others in the house looked up.

It was closer to Vaughn than to me. I was running on the treadmill and didn't even notice but others in the house looked up.

What!!?? People really use treadmills!:eek::eek: Amazing!:D I've got ours up on Craiglist but no response yet. Still thinking about stripping it for the motors. It's supposed to have a 2.5 hp dc motor plus the incline motor assembly. If I could just get some compact VS controls for both of them I think I could put them to use. Maybe in the lathe I have and use the incline motor to operate a router lift mechanism maybe????:dunno::dunno::huh:

I didn't feel a thing here. From what I've read, it was felt primarily to the south. We're north of the epicenter in the foothills on granite. In the area where this one happened the subsurface soil is more of a firm pudding that tends to jiggle when the earth moves.

My friend in Glendale felt it.

I'm just on the other side of the Verdugo "mountains" from Glendale. I've heard from a few others in Glendale who felt it, but not anyone from my area yet. At 4.7, it was relatively minor, but there's always the chance it was a preview of a bigger one to come. (They're saying 20:1 this time, but they usually say something similar every time there's a moderate quake.)

Hi,

A slight shaking of the computer monitor and my chair was all I got in North San Diego County.

When I was a kid (1938 I think) I remember skating on the sidewalk, having a blast as it went up and down. My parents didn't think it was funny however. It was when Long Beach went from vertical to horizontal.

Enjoy,

Jim

Last edited: