Thread: My little kingdom.

My little kingdom.

Ok, I did some minor additions & re-re-re-re arranging to my play room. This is a 360 from the door to the right back to the door. The dimensions are 8' x 8'

Click pic for full size.

Finishing storage & my BS

Turning wood & my Rigid folding TS, sheet storage & fridge.

More sheet storage water heather & turning wood. 2 pics one from the back side one from the front side.

Tool box, ceiling clamp storage.

Main workbench doubles as chop saw & also DP table. Peg board with a lot of stuff. Also bottom storage of main workbench.

These shelves are under the cellar stairs they have my bigger cases , socket sets, router, my FIL's 40 yr old aluminum Rockwell tools. These things still work better then the new ones. Also to the right of this directly under the stairs is my pancake compressor. Also storage of my FIL's saws & other carpentry stuff.

Here is my grinder table & buffing station. It's on a old military metal cabinet I put on wheels. When I need to buff I pull it out & turn it around. My Beal wheels are in a wood box I made screwed to the back. I have them in Freezer bags to keep them clean. Also more storage.

This is my little mayo monster I love it. & more storage.

Pegboard above the lathe for mostly used tools.

Temporary turning tool storage. I'm making a cabinet to house them now. also back to the door & were done.

Shop Dogs our 2 rescue puppies.

Diamond on the left & Lexy on the right. Lexy is our Walmart greeter & Diamond is security.

Fit for a King Chuck!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Great looking space there Chuck. You have got a lot of use out of the room there. Lookin good.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beland View Post
    Ok, I did some minor additions & re-re-re-re arranging to my play room. This is a 360 from the door to the right back to the door. The dimensions are 8' x 8'

Nice setup, Chuck, although it seems to me like you'd have a lot more wood storage area if you got rid of all those short sections of log you show in that second picture...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Good looking space Chuck, I like the tool mounting. What a haul of wood you have there.
    cheers

Thanks guys. Since right now I don't have a chainsaw After I make my turning tool cabinet I'm making a sled for my BS like the one Vaughn posted about. So I'll be able to use those logs. I got a cedar one from Bill B for another pet funeral urn for my SIL. Once I'm comfortable using my hollowing system & I know what I'm doing.

Vaughn.
    I maybe asking you for some dimensions & other help to make one myself.

It looks like a fantastic kingdom to be and work, but... what about taxes??
    I guess that as you are the king you are spared from them
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Looks like a fun little playground, Chuck. You really should add an extension wing or two to your tablesaw. It helps maximize the turning blank storage capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beland View Post
    ...Vaughn.
    I maybe asking you for some dimensions & other help to make one myself.
    Here are some dimensions for you:

2 1/2"
    17 5/32"
    16 acres
    1.63 nanometer

And here's something to help:

I'm just here to help.

Seriously, just let me know what you need on the bandsaw sled. I don't think I measured anything on mine when I made it. I just kind of built it to fit
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Tony,
    If you ask LOML I live in my own little world so taxes are not a problem.

Vaughn,
    That's what I love about you you're a regular smart tush SOB. I have only made one jig so far a steady rest & I'm new to any type of wood working hence the minimal tools I got & slowly acquiring more as the budget allows. So yup I will be asking for help