ALLWAYS where a full face shield

Ken Ward

Here is a good reason to ALLWAYS wear a full face shield.I was coring out a 14" piece of ambrosia maple and miscalculated where it was headed and got just a tad to close to the bottom.All I felt was something hitting the face shield,it happened so fast.When It went thru the bottom, it caught the cutter then just exploded.

Attachments

• OOPS BOWL broken 444.jpg
    OOPS BOWL broken 444.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 149
Jeff, if that were me, would just throw them out!!!:rofl::rofl:

Ken, walked up on a student this morning and told him that shield wouldn't do him any good being in the up position. Appreciate your post as I show them to my students all the time! Glad you are okay, you are aren't you?????

Ken glad you are ok and thanks for the reminder. I never enter the shop without it. After catching one in the chest on a near miss to the face it is always on.

And if you are like me, I just ain't fast enough to get out of the road.:rofl::rofl

wow I'm glad your ok! I’ve been trying to look up shop accidents to drill into dads and my head the importance of safety. Here’s to working safe :thumb:

on a side note.. planning on making anything out of that as a reminder or something.

Glad you're unscathed, and thanks for the reminder, Ken.

So, do you need to do a load of laundry now? :rolleyes:

I'm thinkin' that's a burnin', not a washin'.
whistling.gif

Yep, can happen to any of us, glad you are OK Ken, and thanks for sharing that with all of us, a good reminder for sure!

So, any hope in fixing it, just a little epoxy, and some coffee grounds........... :rolleyes: :D :rofl::rofl::rofl: :wave:

Cheers!

Allways wear a full face shield

OK Chuck here it is,but a face shield wouldn't have helped me,but the man up above sure did.I was Taking down some trees last week an this poplar didn't want to cooperate and got hung up,then when I was cuttin it loose,it decided to go and it kicked back,this is how close it came to takin my noggin off.I knew it was gonna kick back,but wasn't quite quick enough.It was the tree that came up and barely grazed my mug,but it knocked the chainsaw outa my hand.
Maybe I should just take up knittin :dunno:

Attachments

• close%20call.jpg
    close%20call.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 35
  • close%20call.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 11
I was just wondering if along with the faceshield if a leather shop apron would be beneficial?

When I'm rough-turning a particularly gnarly blank (or one with a lot of bark on it) I wear a heavy leather shop apron. On the big elm pieces I roughed out recently, cutting through the bark resulted in a non-stop shower of debris. The chunks were hitting my face shield so often it sounded almost like a hail storm.

I tried a leather apron once and didn't like it,it was to heavy and hot for me,but I do where a shop apron.This old body has lost count on the scar tissue,but I still gotta pretty face. :):)

I was just curious because we talk about face prtection but never anything about protecting the body. I'm sure that if a piece were to blow apart there is the possibility of a piece of wood or worse the cutting tool getting knocked into your chest. Just something to think about.