a gift transformed

Frank Fusco

No doubt, we have a fine Family here, some nice folks. And, one of the nicest, and most generous, is Dale Johnson. Dale knows about my interest in muzzle loading and history reenactment and a couple times he has sent me some unexpected goodie packages. In one was a real fine elk hide. At the time it came, I didn't know what I was going to do with it. New moccasin uppers were one idea. But, I have been needing a new shooting bag (some call 'em 'possibles' bags) for quite some time but never found the right person to make it. Last rendezvous I met a nice feller from Arkansas who makes some really nice bags. We struck a deal, I sent him the elk hide and today got my new bag and it is fine. And, with the scraps, I may have enough left for those moccasin uppers. Thanks, Dale. I can't tell ye how much I appreciate.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 85
And I will add Dale sent me a 24" machinist rule some time back. I know I thanked him but I use that thing all the time 'lofting' parts for my kayaks. It has made that job much simpler. I second what you said about Dale!

That's almost like getting a gift twice. Great gesture Dale, and Frank, you ended up with a nice-looking shooting bag.

Yep, ditto on what Vaughn and Frank have to say about Dale. He sent me some bullets and cartridges with tubes soldered in and made some fine pens for our American Legion's wild game dinner later this summer. My hat is off to Dale.

That is one fine bag. The maker did you good. I'm glad to see the hide going to good use. The man who gave it to me must be looking down with a smile. He was a 'skinner also. Keep saying nice things about me and I will have to get a new hat with my head swelling up. I'm just glad that people are getting good use out of my "junk".
Dale

That is one fine bag. The maker did you good. I'm glad to see the hide going to good use. The man who gave it to me must be looking down with a smile. He was a 'skinner also. Keep saying nice things about me and I will have to get a new hat with my head swelling up. I'm just glad that people are getting good use out of my "junk".
Dale

Thanks Dale. :)

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

Hope they aint going to take as long as Stus Aparto reno.:D

Pictures of me might take a while. I can't photograph myself very well. And wife is (usually) the pits at photography. She tilts camera up and cuts off the body, every time. Don't ask me why. :dunno: And she gets mad if I ask her. I'm hoping my son will take some next time we visit them.

Well, since Frank showed us a pic of the bag, I guess we can't say that we don't ever see hide nor hair of him. :rofl:

I hope the bag does you well, Frank - looks like something that can be passed down someday if there's an interested child of grandkid in your family. :thumb:

Sits down to wait and see who comes back with a "holding the bag" crack.

Well, since Frank showed us a pic of the bag, I guess we can't say that we don't ever see hide nor hair of him. :rofl:

I hope the bag does you well, Frank - looks like something that can be passed down someday if there's an interested child of grandkid in your family. :thumb:

Sits down to wait and see who comes back with a "holding the bag" crack.

I hope somebody in the family wants all my weird 'stuff'. Would hate to see it go for pennies at the local auction. I'm considering just calling an end to this avocation one day as my age and health start telling me it's time to quit. Then, I may simply give it all away to our state reenactors association to pass out to members or sell to them. Better to see it used by those who appreciate than end up as junk in somebody's TV room.

I hope somebody in the family wants all my weird 'stuff'. Would hate to see it go for pennies at the local auction. I'm considering just calling an end to this avocation one day as my age and health start telling me it's time to quit. Then, I may simply give it all away to our state reenactors association to pass out to members or sell to them. Better to see it used by those who appreciate than end up as junk in somebody's TV room.

That's why Frank ends up with all my "weird" stuff. No one here interested. When Frank hangs up the 'hawk and horn, he can pass it on.