Peachtree Memorial Day special sale

Peachtree Memorial Day special sale - Update

Hi all.

I just wanted to update this thread because there is an issue with this seller that I think you all should be made aware of. It only effects a few of us out here, but it is not right or proper and according to the post off it could be illegal.

The "order confirmation" states what the correct USPS Parcel Post cost would be to anywhere in the USA, including Alaska & Hawaii, according to the US Post Office.

The "shipping charge" gives a whole different side of it from them. The Post Office read this e-mail I received and said the charge is wrong and should be paid. There is no more cost to send this package from Georgia, where Peachtree is, to Florida, California or Hawaii. The Post Office will charge the same rate for all places in the USA.

Perhaps if enough people read this and feel as I do, (and I am sure that there has to be a multitude of potential buyers here in the islands) we might be able to get them to ship to us at the proper rates instead of gouging us like they are trying to do.

Between FWW, and a couple other groups I am involved in online, there are over 60,000 potential buyers, and maybe some of them are already customers. I am letting them all know what I have experienced. I want to see what will evolve from it.

Give us your poinion.

Aloha, Tony

Attachments

• Peachtree order confirmation.doc
    26 KB · Views: 19
  • Peachtree shipping charge.doc
    24 KB · Views: 17
Hi Tony, as you know I dont live in the USA. But I support your anti gouging campaign on shipping.

This is so short sighted on their part. It amazes me why some companies just dont get it.

Why is it Larry can send me a flat rate box with all sorts of goodies in it that weight a great deal and have no issue with borders etc and use USPS.

Yet an internet based company cannot offer the same simple service to a customer.

This is criteria by which to judge the good guys.

I will add another crazy waste of time.

Marketers get people to sign up for lists of newsletters etc.

In that process they get your geographical info.

Yet I get these annoying FREE SHIPPING flyers from several tool companies and when i check their is no FREE SHIPPING to my desitination.

Taunton Publishing that published Fine Woodworking is a continuos culprit.

I have gone as far as to write to all these people and even call to tell them to wake up to what they are doing to their brand. But they simply dont care.

Time will tell. The power is in the hands of us consumers now. The playing fields are being leveled and only the ones with integrity will survive.

At least that is what I hope will happen.:thumb:

Why is it Larry can send me a flat rate box with all sorts of goodies in it that weight a great deal and have no issue with borders etc and use USPS.

Yet an internet based company cannot offer the same simple service to a customer.

I'm only guessing but I imagine the rules are different for a business(?). I am very much in your camp about choosing who to give your money to based on how they do business and P-tree missed a chance for a good customer experience. I will pay a little more to one of the vendors I like vs. a cheaper outfit if they have treated me wrong. I vote with my wallet ;-)

Last edited:
That really is too bad, you are in the US and they treat you that way, it is not like they have to fill out a customs form etc :dunno:

I'll not be buying anything from them, sale or not! :wave:

Peachtree shipping rates

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.

You folks remember the gift you gave me from Lee Valley. Well, they are in Canada, and they shipped that order to me for a reasonable low rate, even for the large box it was in. I expected to pay a little more from them, but they treated me well and I will remember that and order again when I need to. That was just something I thought about as Rob is in Canada.

I'd hate to imagine what Peachtree would charge to ship anything to you Stu.

I have already gotten responses to this on one of the other websites. I think Peachtree may have a few people who might think twice before ordering from them.

Aloha, Tony