Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Hi everyone

OK, I'm being a little facetious.

Just thought that a comment might be in order. Notice how smoothly everything is running?

How polite everyone is being?

And no major rants?

I LIKE IT

So I thought that we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back for great forum participation

And a special thank you to the moderators who are working behind the scenes to bring out our better natures.

This is a great way to start the New Year.

Sometimes I have to slap myself upside the head to notice what is going right around me.

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to bitch and moan about what isn't working :soapbox:

But this place clearly is!

Thanks to everyone.

Jay

Jay, I'd have to agree with you, this place is being very civil and informative to all members with no big problems.... just a few very little hiccups.

As a member I like this forum with all the good ideas, the project showcase forums, different forums for different interests.

As a moderator (and the one who probably has the least to watch ...Carpentry and Construction being primary) you all have made this forum what it is by just being yourselves and helpful to others....you guys and gals make our job a breeze.

I'll give you all a great big pat on the back and a say Thanks to everyone who is making Family Woodworking work.....keep on keepin on
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

it ain`t any one person or group.....it`s the whole darn lot that`s doin` good...nice ain`t it?
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

OK, things are running to smoothly so I will stir things up a bit by saying, What a hair brained thread Jay! What would cause you to write such a thing?
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Knoll View Post
    How polite everyone is being?
    And no major rants?
    And a special thank you to the moderators who are working behind the scenes to bring out our better natures.
    Sometimes I have to slap myself upside the head to notice what is going right around me.
    Allow me.

Hey! MR. Moderator! Slap that Jay dude. He's posting in the wrong forum.
    I find that very rude and disrespectfull. I think I'll rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Allow me.

Hey! MR. Moderator! Slap that Jay dude. He's posting in the wrong forum.
    I find that very rude and disrespectfull. I think I'll rant.

Hey Art that means we are all posting in the wrong forum.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Thanks Jay, for pointing out how well things are going, its easy to overlook the good news

Every now and then I wander back to the old place just to see how its going and after a few minutes, the tone back there really turns me off. It sure is good to have a family.

Well, Tod said it best, it is all of you, us, that make this place work, and what it is.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

The people here are too nice, I think I'll go to another forum where they like insulting each other and slinging dirt.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young View Post
    The people here are too nice, I think I'll go to another forum where they like insulting each other and slinging dirt.

Jim your going to look funny wearing a bottomless garbage can with suspenders & the lid for a hat just to ward off the mud slinging.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart