WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Jay Lock

Hi everyone

OK, I'm being a little facetious.

Just thought that a comment might be in order. Notice how smoothly everything is running?

How polite everyone is being?

And no major rants?

I LIKE IT :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So I thought that we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back for great forum participation

And a special thank you to the moderators who are working behind the scenes to bring out our better natures.

This is a great way to start the New Year.

Sometimes I have to slap myself upside the head to notice what is going right around me. :doh:

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to bitch and moan about what isn't working :( :soapbox:

But this place clearly is!

Thanks to everyone.

Jay

Jay, I'd have to agree with you, this place is being very civil and informative to all members with no big problems.... just a few very little hiccups.

As a member I like this forum with all the good ideas, the project showcase forums, different forums for different interests.

As a moderator (and the one who probably has the least to watch ...Carpentry and Construction being primary) you all have made this forum what it is by just being yourselves and helpful to others....you guys and gals make our job a breeze.

I'll give you all a great big pat on the back and a say Thanks to everyone who is making Family Woodworking work.....keep on keepin on:thumb:

How polite everyone is being?
And no major rants?
And a special thank you to the moderators who are working behind the scenes to bring out our better natures.
Sometimes I have to slap myself upside the head to notice what is going right around me. :doh:

Allow me.

:poke:

Hey! MR. Moderator! Slap that Jay dude. He's posting in the wrong forum.
I find that very rude and disrespectfull. I think I'll rant. ;)

Back on 11-30 I started a thread to kind of test the waters here at FWW. The thread was about table saw evolution, which is nothing new, and often brings out some strong emotions. There were 27 replies and over 300 views. There was disagreement, exchanges of ideas, and differing views as you would expect. I found it both hard to believe and very refreshing that no one had to be called down by a mod. and everyone was respectful (even when they disagreed) of others. Seems to me that is proof of what a good place this is.

This forum is just plain different because of the people that are here & the ideas that are exchanged & implemented & the route we are taking as we ease along toward our collective goal for this forum. The forum is not about strict dictatorial control but cooperation in the exchange & implementation of how we will be able to communicate today & in the future on the Family Woodworking Forum.

This makes for a very comfortable atmosphere.

Myself, I don't think there is anything wrong with a little disagreement and stuff. I am not a poo stirrer, but this world would be pretty drab if eberyone used the same tablesaw, cut dovetails the same way or thought all mortise and tennons should be cut by hand. At the same time most fiction books would be boring if everyone got along, television shows would not be worth watching (reality tv shows don't count...they are boring in my book and still people watch them :doh: ) and life would be overall pretty stale.

That being said, I don't think anyone here feels uncomfortable bringing up different ideas on how to do something and thats what's nice. I feel I belong here and if I had the chance I would gladly let all 100 plus members into my house for a good chat. In a way, I do that everyday cybergly and its just great.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your woodworking experience fellow woodworkers. It is indeed an honor.

I too appreciate what is going on here and I look in several times a day even though I don't post a whole lot. I guess I'm waiting until I get to know some of you a bit better or something like that. Maybe I'm just shy, not:wave:

I too want to thank the mods and the powers that be for this place. It's gonna grow and grow.

Caution

Be Quiet OR you will be INSTANTLY terminated!!! Seriously, its a pleasure..The overall tone is positive and supportive...Long may it live!