Cathie Clark May 1949-May 2009 RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning about 1:45 Cathie died in my arms. She is no longer feeling the pain that has been tormenting here for the last 20 months. Hospice was so wonderful to Cathie and I. They took such a burden off our shoulders. I called the nurse earlier in the afternoon and she came out to check Cathie out for some new pain she was having. When I went to bed I tried to read for a while but Cathie’s breathing became very labored and I gave her what medication I could to help calm her down and just held her until finally relaxed, took her last breath and passed from me and this life. The nurse from Hospice came back to the house filled out all the paperwork, called the doctor, the police, and mortuary for me. I just sat there numb and overwhelmed. While waiting for the mortuary to arrive, the nurse gave Cathie a bath and put her in one of her favorite nightgowns. She looked so pretty, like she was just asleep.

It’s a little after five in the morning now, the sky is starting to lighten up in the east and it is time to put my head on the pillow and see there is any sleep for me.

Thank you all for being my support group. You don’t know what it has meant to me.

Godspeed Cathie

Royall, words do not suffice, I sit here with tears in my eyes, I cannot fathom what you are going through, I'm going to go give Emiko a big hug, and pray for you and Cathie.

I'm so very sorry my friend......

Stuart Ablett
Tokyo Japan

My deepest condolences to you Royall. Your strength, courage, love and dedication were everything Cathie needed in her last days with you. RIP Cathie Clark.

Royall,
I don't have any words of comfort.. I think at first there isn't any when you lose someone you love. Time will bring some relief, but I don't think the hurt ever fully heals. Like Stu, tears welled up as I read your post. The only thing I can think of is that now Cathie is past her pain and resting in peace... May you also find peace and solice in that.

Royall you have my deepest sympathies. When I first saw your post I could not reply due to the tears in my eyes. What a huge loss. Wish we could all be there to support you. No words are comfort for the grief.:(:(
I am sure you have the support of the whole family here.:thumb:

Royall, my heart goes out for you. I have been thru a very similar experience this week also, so in a way, I understand. Be strong, reflect on the memories, come to us for support in any way you wish, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

Oh, Royall. I am so sorry! I know all words are empty. Please accept our condolences, our good thoughts for her life well lived, and our best wishes for you in these most difficult times.

One of the most difficult things is that, in such moments, private grief becomes public obligation. There are many, many things that must be done, arrangements to be made, etc. Please draw on your resources, I'm sure there are many people close by willing to help. Please let them, as they are likely feeling the tremendous loss as well, and having 'something to do' helps them as well. You've got enough on your hands just trying to get through the next few days with courage and dignity. That's a tall enough order for anyone. Please let them help in this most trying moment.

Please accept our words, and accept all the good feelings for you that underlie our poor attempts at saying them. Strength and honor, my friend! Strength and honor!

All our best,

Bill and Doorlink

Last edited:
Royal
I sit here looking for words and can find none save to say our heart felt sorrow at the loss. You will be in our prayers.. How sweet that you could be there for Cathie.

Garry /Maxine

Royal, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. You can lean on your friends here in the forum for strength and if you ever need to get away for a while, my door is always open for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.