design ,,when is to much

larry merlau

ok i have got threw one obstical this wknd and thought i was off to the finish line well.. i ran into another hidun obstical.. myself... i cant decide if a bit of beading on the bed side is needed or not..i have beading on the rails, the sides of the foot board and the head board sides are plain. the foot board panel also has beading..the other problem is i feel i need to incorporate the rails to the head and foot boards with like design.. my head says one thing now and something else later .. have asked a couple folk there opinion and have got two different answers imagine that:)

so when do you what is enough and what should or shouldnt be.??? this is one class i missed in school:)

Hi Larry,

Did you get a beading tool, like the one we had talked about long time ago?

If you are talking about beading the legs of the bed, I think that would look nice, but maybe a little overboard. Maybe just a roundover will be good.

You have incorporated so much beauty into that bed that it might be better to leave well enough alone.

JMNSHO.

Aloha, Tony

Hi Larry,

Did you get a beading tool, like the one we had talked about long time ago?

If you are talking about beading the legs of the bed, I think that would look nice, but maybe a little overboard. Maybe just a roundover will be good.

You have incorporated so much beauty into that bed that it might be better to leave well enough alone.

JMNSHO.

Aloha, Tony
tony i havnt got the neat tool yu showed me:( but i as tod mentioned i havnt convinced myself to let it go without..becasue once i do it i am obligated and if i go to the next step my chance of doing it is tougher yet..kinda like the gitters on race day you know your car is ready but then you start wondering if you put all the bolts in tight..i can see this with it and i have made the sample which i had shown some time back but that was on straight stock this far from straight...but i feel i need to bring the foot board and the head board together in some way,, and Dan i dont mean a bed bolt of some hardware:) i mean design wize

if there is a feature that is common in both, i would use that larry.

just make sure you don't get your beard stuck between the headboard and sideboards. as funny as that would be, it could be potentially embarrassing too... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

here is the scoop!!!

IMG_1003tn_.jpg this is what i wanted to do..

IMG_1171tn_.jpg this shows the shape and space need to do it on the outside. the bottom section of the rail has a bead top and bottom. the top board will have something of a profile or bead or just round over but probally profile???

IMG_1173tn_.jpg this is the top ball area. and as yu can see it gets tight. it makes the side look to thin in my eyes

IMG_1174tn_.jpg IMG_1175tn_.jpg these two show the inside area which is to tight for the bead to happen, its only inch to the edge now.

IMG_1176tn_.jpg this shot shows the foot board side

ok there now yu have the whole story and i still havnt got it finished yet.. i dont see it in the inside area at all to tight. so that means that it would look strange to have it on the outside and not inside???? now i had over to the design gurus.. friday this needs to be settled i got friday off this week due to lackoff work in the day job so i am gonna make hay when the sun shines:) with your help of course.. any sarcasium can be given threw PMs:):rofl:

Evening Larry. As you know I'm minimalist. (Less is more)

I base the amount of decoration on two things.

1. Will it help the flow of the piece?

2. Will it distract from the natural beauty of the wood?

For instance I would not add detail to a highly figured piece, but would not hesitate detailing a lightly fugured piece to enhance the overall appearance of it.

Bruce

Now I see it my 5 cents on this is run the bead you show on the top part following the curve. It will finish the edge like your picture and to the flow. But this is my personal preference I am no designer.:D:thumb: