Tod would can my butt after the first day!

Bruce Page

I have about two weeks into these doors and I still have to do the final sanding & fitting…

Details; Cabinet doors, 26”X36”, 4/4 QSWO, mortise & tenon with 3/8” square pegs, 8 per door (pegs are ironwood). Sliding dovetail muttons with walnut dowels. Mutton cross joints are half lapped with #8 screws at the intersections, (will use brass at final assembly). 18, ½” deep rabbits to accept the beveled glass windows. I still need to make and fit the ¼ rounds to hold the glass, 72 of them total.

It’s beyond me how anyone could make a buck doing this full time…:confused:

Attachments

• Doors.jpg
    Doors.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Pegs.jpg
    Pegs.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Dovetail.jpg
    Dovetail.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 68
Looking good Bruce :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yes it's tough trying to make a buck out here doing this stuff.

Tougher yet doing that kind of work you are doing on those doors.

Very very nice Bruce. I am thinking as you do them more and more you learn how to make them faster. You have done a nice job and my most time consumeing part is makeing jigs or fixtures to do the job. But if its righ it makes the rest of then pretty much faster.
Reg
^ is not in the bussiness. But will one day

Nice, Nice, Nice, Bruce. You must have a new tool in mind that needs to get by the LOYL, as much care as you have put into these doors.:thumb: Boy, some guys will just go to NO END to Score Points with the LOML.:D (Sure beats TDY on Kodiak though, don't it)?;)

Bruce, it may have taken you some time to git-r-done, but you did, and in the end, the time taken to make those lovely doors will be long forgotten, years and years from now, when the doors are still in use and providing pleasure just by their quality and craftsmanship, not to mention beauty.

Good work! :thumb:

Now as for Tod getting at any of us for our speed of work, well I think the list of guys who can and do put out the quantity and quality of work he does is a fairly short list (certainly some on that this are here!), so don't worry about it.

Again, NICE work! :D

Bruce

Great work, like everybody else has said.

And so............was there something else you RATHER would have been doing?:D

I think one of the great things about woodworking (especially for those of us here who don't depend on it for a living) is that not only do we do something we love but we've got something to show for it.

Heck if I started playing golf I'd just have a 48 handicap and be frustrated!

Thanks for the post, show us more when they are hung

Jay

Beautiful doors, Bruce. The joinery in the middle picture looks perfect -- like a machinist made it. Oh yeah, that's right...a machinist did make it. :clap: :thumb: