Freud 3-1/4 HP Variable Speed Plunge Router $149

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Seems like a good deal...but...I would buy this to mount in a table and don't think it's well suited to that application. Does anyone have experience with this router in a table mount?

I have the FT 2000E variable speed 3 1/4 hp, one generation behind this one. It is mounted in a table and works great. I have had the router for about 5 years with no issues. This one doesnt look much different. I have never used anything, but so may be there is something I am missing. If so, I dont know it.

Rennie, why do you have to tempt me like this? :rofl:

I wonder if this router has above table height adjustment ability.
I could find nothing in the manual relating to table mounting at all, nevermind anything about how to adjust it upside down.

Hey, don't we have someone from Freud that's a member here?:huh:

Seeing as this particular model only comes with the plunge base I doubt it would have an above the table height adjustment. Now, if the bases are interchangeable, and I think they are, and you get the regular base to go with this one, it most likely would have an above table height adjustment. My 1700 does and I love it.

Ok, I've managed to resist this one, mostly because I still haven't figured out where the 5" ROS on the way is going to live, much less the router living in the table now.

If this sale is still going on in two or three weeks though I might not be able to hold out. :rofl:

Ok, I've managed to resist this one, mostly because I still haven't figured out where the 5" ROS on the way is going to live, much less the router living in the table now.

If this sale is still going on in two or three weeks though I might not be able to hold out. :rofl:
It's through June as long as supplies last. I'm going to pass on this on though.

Rennie, why do you have to tempt me like this? :rofl:

Hi ya Mark (and Rennie)! No above table goodies on this one...it's the FT2200VCE, which is a successor the FT2000E. It's a solid workhorse that's often a good value, but is not to be confused with the FT3000 that has many of the same above table capabilities as the smaller FT1700. The FT2200 also has a small throat opening so spinning the big bits requires a work-around.