Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Foster Brooks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,888

    Foster Brooks

    I don't know how many of you will remember Foster Brooks, but there was a time when comedy was truly funny and, hard to believe, clean. Take a look at the dais - these were comedy's greats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYusPRre07k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDxz...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkHjn...eature=related

    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lutefisk capitol, USA
    Posts
    485
    He always puts me in stitches. Whatever happened to the good old comedy shows? Worst my ribs ever hurt was after spending an hour in a casino bar with Tim Conway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Johnson View Post
    He always puts me in stitches. Whatever happened to the good old comedy shows? Worst my ribs ever hurt was after spending an hour in a casino bar with Tim Conway.
    Tim Conway - Comic Genius. I really miss those guys.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,470
    thanks for the laughs rennie,, wouldnt have know the guy from the name but do remeber seein him on tv ..he was a very funy guy for sure he must be gone by now he was old in these..movies..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    161
    Rennie
    That takes me back a long way. I met Foster a couple of times when he was with his brother Cactus Tom Brooks. I used to eat breakfast with Tom every morning in a little restaurant by the Whas Building in Louisville, Ky. Foster and Tom were from Louisville.
    Larry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hibbs View Post
    Rennie
    That takes me back a long way. I met Foster a couple of times when he was with his brother Cactus Tom Brooks. I used to eat breakfast with Tom every morning in a little restaurant by the Whas Building in Louisville, Ky. Foster and Tom were from Louisville.
    Larry
    I'm impressed! He was a very funny man.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    thanks for the laughs rennie,, wouldnt have know the guy from the name but do remeber seein him on tv ..he was a very funy guy for sure he must be gone by now he was old in these..movies..
    He died in December 2001 at the age of 89
    Jesus was a Woodworker

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    new york city burbs
    Posts
    10,188
    a funny drunk guy,wow, something I see often. who'd ever thought just being or acting drunk could make them a good living.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    936
    Rennie:

    It is a shame that too many people Never got a chance to hear good comedy without a single cuss work. Red Shelton, Arthur Godfrey, The Rat Pack, Bill Cosby, Jerry Lewis and Joey Lewis are just Some of them that fall into that group. Current so called commedians need to try to emulate them!

    As usual, Just My Opionion!

    Thanks for sharin'

    Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

    "The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis area
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker View Post
    Rennie:

    It is a shame that too many people Never got a chance to hear good comedy without a single cuss work. Red Shelton, Arthur Godfrey, The Rat Pack, Bill Cosby, Jerry Lewis and Joey Lewis are just Some of them that fall into that group. Current so called commedians need to try to emulate them!

    As usual, Just My Opionion!

    Thanks for sharin'

    Bruce
    Well said Bruce, very well said!
    ________

    Ron

    "Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Similar Threads

  1. FOSTER WORKBENCH AND FOSTER CHAIR VISE
    By GARY FOSTER in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
  2. 800$ Wooden Plate from Brooks Brothers.
    By Brent Dowell in forum General Woodturning Q&A
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 03:56 AM
  3. Foster Parenting: What does it take?
    By Travis Johnson in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
  4. Gary Foster
    By Rennie Heuer in forum Welcome and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 03:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •