another family member!!

larry merlau

actually this was one of my kin this time.. they got ahold of me about some wood that was still in log form and thought i might be able to use it.. well we went out and looked at it last night and yup i can.... so today we went and got most of it and left the rest for the other guys.. we got approximatly 50 logs some short and some long. mostly long.. we had three trips with a large heavy duty trailer and pick up that is made to haul!! tom has seen it.. we had it filled to level at the cab.. with up to ten ft logs mostly 8's and the trailer was filled as well with the long stuff. this is mostly fire wood but i got 3 saw logs 1 each of walnut, w.oak and cherry.. some of this is hard maple and should be spalted and soft maple as well that probally is spalted as well.. all in all i think i gathered a fair amount of fire wood today:)
and i stil have three more walnuts coming wed...that are saw logs:) so any one need wood? i got alittel to much now. pm me

IMG_1181tn_.jpg

IMG_1182tn_.jpg

IMG_1183tn_.jpg

hey john the w.oak said QTR as soon as i spotted it:) its around 24 " and straight but they took a notchout in it for something hard ware maybe.. but were gonna turn it flecky:) and i will keep my eyes peeled for some spal in the maple and if it happens then its headed for the mill too.. one log is lookin good towardss the mill got alot surface checkun but i can bur slab wood just as easy as i can chunk wood: the walnut has flat all over it..and might have some goof figure the way it looks on the out side.. we left over twenty that we coundlt pick up. at least 7 were maple trunks with all the limbs off. knarly stuff to big to handle and split and to big to mill..

well tom you may need to do just that ,, when this gets cut its got to be sticked and set somewhwere i am loosing yard as we speak:) i will need to thin out the supply some.