1 month retired...Shop build started...

Okay, guys. I have been in Des Moines for about 3 1/2 weeks now. The shop is coming along. Jeff has been a big help with the heavy stuff. I am going to start a thread on the shop tour section I think. We are loving the Des Moines area and the people.

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of the shop build. I hope to have the insulation and walls done before winter. Comments are welcome.
The first photo is of the garage after unloading the U-haul. The next one is a shot of the shop after the wall studs were up. The last shot is Jeff and I hanging wallboard. It has been hot for the last few days so not much has been accomplished.

Attachments

• Des_Moines_Shop_003 post.jpg
    Des_Moines_Shop_003 post.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Des_Moines_Shop_006 post.jpg
    Des_Moines_Shop_006 post.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Des_Moines_Shop_010 post.jpg
    Des_Moines_Shop_010 post.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Good to see you check in, Wayne. I hear that retirement is busier than having a day job. Sounds like that's been the case for you, too. I would have thought as bad as Jeff wants to use your shop, he'd have been over there every night after work putting it together for you. :p

How big is the new shop? Whatcha got planned?

shucks jeff, is smarter than that vaughn,, he is doing just enought to get hids foot in the door then will use it like it was his all along:) lookun good but the old guy should be holdin and the youngun do thew nailun or screwing:) work smart wayne safe yourself for the turning let the whipper snappers wear the selfs out tryun to impress:)

Larry, I like the way you think. I will try that out. Vaughn, you are right, retirement is a full time job, but I admit that I am liking it. In the process of the move I have misplaced the disk with the floor plan. When I find it I will post that. The shop will be approximately 12' x 24'. I think it will serve my purposes.

Last edited:
...lookun good but the old guy should be holdin and the youngun do thew nailun or screwing:) work smart wayne safe yourself for the turning let the whipper snappers wear the selfs out tryun to impress:)

Larry, I like the way you think...

Ummmm....I don't kow how the only pic taken while we were hanging was with me holding and dad screwing. :huh: I remember you saying, "This isn't how it's suppose work, you're supposed to be on the ladder" And I was for the rest of the day....:D

It's has been fun, but hot...fall isn't that far away! Glad you shared the pics dad!

Here is an early shop layout plan...I think the reworks are about the same.

Attachments

• Shop%20Layout%201[1].doc
    71 KB · Views: 26