I have completed stage 1 of my kitchen reno. Not much of a renovation really just building and installing what the builders never did. These cabinets were made with 3/4 lumber core ply, painted inside to match the wall paint and veneered with 3mm ash on the outside. The face frames have a bead, which may be hard to see in the photo and the door frames have a ogee profile. The glass is opaque. I made the crown molding using a lock miter bit (a profile is a profile) for the lower section and then a cove cut on the TS for the remaining section.
The inspiration for doing this came to me after I watched New Yankee Workshop where Norm redid a kitchen over 8 episodes. I thought to myself that looks easy enough. I can finish that in a couple weeks. Five months later... an all to familiar story. I will try to do stage 2 this week.
The before shot
Bookmatched gable ends
Stage two will be the bottom lower cabinet underneath the big wall cabinet. I purchased bloom motion hardware for the drawers and am looking forward to getting those in.
Thanks for looking