Thread: Suggestion/question

Suggestion/question

I am a member of another site that uses Vbulletin and the set up of that site has it so that I am able to see all new threads that I have not viewed regardless of how long it has been. I can click a hyperlink to mark forums read if I want, but this way I don't miss out as I do like to see all the threads I have not "perused". Currently, it appears this site marks posts as viewed by me automatically based on time. Additionally, if I post to a thread, it shows up to me as new posts and the other set up does not show it as new posts for the person that last posted. (I think I am talking in circles).

Is this something I can change, or is it a system wide parameter that could be considered?

Sorry it took me so long to notice this question, Travis. I've seen the same problem with the "New POsts" not staying 'new' long enough to read them. I recall there is a control somewhere deep in the Admin Console that allow us to set the rules for when a thread has been read. I just did a quick look and couldn't find it, but I'll see what I can find when I have a bit of time. (Stu...Marty...any recollection where this switch it?) I also seem to recall there was some other tradeoff for setting the timeout period too high, but I don't remember the details.

Thanks for the suggestion, and again, sorry I missed seeing this back when you posted it. We really weren't ignoring you.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com