Larger nut for a Uni?

mark, if you are able to find a larger nut?????? make sure it doesn`t interfere with the insert when you tip the blade...i`ve never looked.....tod

Hey Mark, I thought maybe you were saying the nut operating the saw had gotten bigger after all the holiday eating!

I am not sure what size the nut is, but if you find a machine shop they may be able to fabricate one to your liking. I am guessing this is a lefthand thread, so a LH tap may be difficult to find. Must nuts are made to industry standards and I would think it would be unlikely to find anything in existance. I could be wrong though. Good luck!

I am not sure what size the nut is, but if you find a machine shop they may be able to fabricate one to your liking.

Most machine shops do not want to do mess with a small job like making a nut for you. If they did the cost would probably floor you. I have worked with these shops for many years and they are just not set up to run jobs like this.

Yes you do! And I used to have that same advantage. I probably spent a million dollars in company money with machine shops back when. I knew them well and could often get small favors like that done. I don't have that pull any more and I sure do miss it.

Delta makes one that is larger, it is made so you can hand tighten it, but it also has the "nut" portion on it so you can still use a wrench.

I have it and it works pretty good, I can snap a picture later if you want.