Workbench End-cap Storage

glenn bradley

It's like the Domino Effect: I've had a tablesaw wing wrapped in oil paper tucked into a spot on one of my bench legs for well over a year, maybe two. It was waiting for me to move my TS to the left to make room for the wing.

I got a cyclone, the TS had to move. The TS had to move so I put on the wing. The wing was out of the way so I could finally duplicate this leg's storage panel

pegbrd-bench-ends-002.jpg

on the other leg

pegbrd-bench-ends-003.jpg

While doing the little pegboard panel and frame I finally hit the wall on bending over to unplug the TS. I mounted an outlet to supply power to the TS and RT switches (the TS plug has the ty-wrap on it). They are suspended so that when unplugged, they hang right nearby.

RT-TS-SWX.jpg

All this because I have lots of small gaps of time while making little boxes for Christmas . . . whew.

Nice job Glenn, thanks for the inspiration. Suddenly I too am wondering when i am going to wake up and smell the roses and put a receptacle near the TS. Funny how one lives with certain things for so long.:D:thumb:

hey glenn what are those strange looking bessys???the ones with two handles and no clamp arm?????

They straddle a bar clamp anywhere along it's length and apply downward pressure. For example, I would clamp a couple of long bar clamps across the back of a carcass and these would press in on the back panel.

They are one of those "rarely used but glad I got 'em" items so the end cap is a great place to store them out of the way until that weird requirement comes along . . . This pic is an example, not an actual use. The bar clamp should grip one piece of the glue-up and the straddle clamps would press a different piece down using the bar for support:

Attachments

• straddle-clamps.jpg
    straddle-clamps.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: