Thread: Hitachi C10FCH2 10" Compound Miter Saw

Question Hitachi C10FCH2 10" Compound Miter Saw

Did not want to hijack Stu's thread on his recon drills, so I thought I'd post this question here. He noted that he had gotten good service from this company so I checked out their site and found this SAW for $109 and $17 shipping. Looks like a good deal and I've been thinking about replacing my tired old Delta.

Does anyone have experience with this saw?

As I want to use it for furniture it needs to be accurate. My old $89 delta might be good on a construction site, but it lacks the accuracy needed for finer work.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Rennie, I don't have that saw, but I have two other Hitachi saws, both sliders (that one is not a slider) and I've been very happy with the saws, they are very accurate. With this one being a chop saw, no slide, I would imagine that it would be even more so

Cheers!

PS, tell them Stu Ablett sent you
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Rennie, Amazon frequently runs that saw for $99 shipped, except it's the model without the laser, I almost buy it every time it goes on sale, then take a deep breath and close the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Richardson View Post
    Rennie, Amazon frequently runs that saw for $99 shipped, except it's the model without the laser, I almost buy it every time it goes on sale, then take a deep breath and close the page.
    Breathing deeply.....in.....out.....in...out

Just one possibility on my list. The DeWalt DW713 gets very good reviews and sometimes goes on sale for under it's normal discount price of $219. That's another one I'm watching (and breathing deeply).

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I just took a look at that Recon page. Pretty amazing.
    I might just be buying a belt sander that I have been wanting/needing for a long time.

Rennie,

Don't know if you already got a saw - but I will vouch for Hitachi.

I have the 12" slider - and I like it very much.

I would definately buy Hitachi again.

Hitachi Saw

My son bought the saw a couple months ago when amazon had it for $ 99 - free shipping and no tax. I was lucky and caught the Rockler laser on sale for $12 and change. The saw is great, good accuracy. I've got other Hitachi tools and have never had an issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ferron View Post
    My son bought the saw a couple months ago when amazon had it for $ 99 - free shipping and no tax. I was lucky and caught the Rockler laser on sale for $12 and change. The saw is great, good accuracy. I've got other Hitachi tools and have never had an issue with them.
    Thanks for the input Dan. No decision yet, still not having enough time in the shop to matter.

www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Rennie,
    I have the DeWalt and love it. Don't know about the Hitachi. My neighbor was using a 10" Ryobe to put in crown molding. He had some a little wide for the Ryobe so he came over to see if mine was a 12" but it is the 10". Turns out the DeWalt would make the cut that was to wide for the Ryobe. I'd check out the Hitachi to see if it has the same capacity as the DeWalt.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Rennie,
    I have the DeWalt and love it. Don't know about the Hitachi. My neighbor was using a 10" Ryobe to put in crown molding. He had some a little wide for the Ryobe so he came over to see if mine was a 12" but it is the 10". Turns out the DeWalt would make the cut that was to wide for the Ryobe. I'd check out the Hitachi to see if it has the same capacity as the DeWalt.
    The 10" DeWalt is tops on my list right now with the Hitachi running a close second.

www.wrworkshop.com