Hitachi C10FCH2 10" Compound Miter Saw

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Did not want to hijack Stu's thread on his recon drills, so I thought I'd post this question here. He noted that he had gotten good service from this company so I checked out their site and found this SAW for $109 and $17 shipping. Looks like a good deal and I've been thinking about replacing my tired old Delta.

Does anyone have experience with this saw?

As I want to use it for furniture it needs to be accurate. My old $89 delta might be good on a construction site, but it lacks the accuracy needed for finer work.:(

Rennie, I don't have that saw, but I have two other Hitachi saws, both sliders (that one is not a slider) and I've been very happy with the saws, they are very accurate. With this one being a chop saw, no slide, I would imagine that it would be even more so :dunno:

Cheers!

PS, tell them Stu Ablett sent you :D :wave:

Rennie, Amazon frequently runs that saw for $99 shipped, except it's the model without the laser, I almost buy it every time it goes on sale, then take a deep breath and close the page.

Rennie, Amazon frequently runs that saw for $99 shipped, except it's the model without the laser, I almost buy it every time it goes on sale, then take a deep breath and close the page.
Breathing deeply.....in.....out.....in...out:rofl:

Just one possibility on my list. The DeWalt DW713 gets very good reviews and sometimes goes on sale for under it's normal discount price of $219. That's another one I'm watching (and breathing deeply).:rolleyes:

Hitachi Saw

My son bought the saw a couple months ago when amazon had it for $ 99 - free shipping and no tax. I was lucky and caught the Rockler laser on sale for $12 and change. The saw is great, good accuracy. I've got other Hitachi tools and have never had an issue with them.:thumb:

My son bought the saw a couple months ago when amazon had it for $ 99 - free shipping and no tax. I was lucky and caught the Rockler laser on sale for $12 and change. The saw is great, good accuracy. I've got other Hitachi tools and have never had an issue with them.:thumb:
Thanks for the input Dan. No decision yet, still not having enough time in the shop to matter.

Rennie,
I have the DeWalt and love it. Don't know about the Hitachi. My neighbor was using a 10" Ryobe to put in crown molding. He had some a little wide for the Ryobe so he came over to see if mine was a 12" but it is the 10". Turns out the DeWalt would make the cut that was to wide for the Ryobe. I'd check out the Hitachi to see if it has the same capacity as the DeWalt.

Rennie,
I have the DeWalt and love it. Don't know about the Hitachi. My neighbor was using a 10" Ryobe to put in crown molding. He had some a little wide for the Ryobe so he came over to see if mine was a 12" but it is the 10". Turns out the DeWalt would make the cut that was to wide for the Ryobe. I'd check out the Hitachi to see if it has the same capacity as the DeWalt.
The 10" DeWalt is tops on my list right now with the Hitachi running a close second.