Hackberry & Dalmata + gloat

Dennis Ford

This is a piece that I had donated to the local art center for their fund raiser event. I did not take a picture before dropping it off but my wife took this picture at the event. The bowl is Hackberry (~ 12" dia) and the base is Dalmata (some wood I bought at SWAT last fall). This picture was clearly intended to capture the couple who got the bowl instead of the bowl itself, but it is the only picture I have at this time.
The art center sold "gold" tickets for $100 and "silver" tickets for $25, the gold tickets have a time slot assigned. When a ticket holder's time slot comes up, they have their pick of any art piece. The silver tickets are drawn from a pot after all gold tickets are used. My gloat is that this bowl was the first piece of art taken. There were a few other wood turnings, and a number of paintings available to choose from.

Attachments

• DSC00994.jpg
    DSC00994.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 72
Hey Dennis, that sounds like a gloatworthy event if ever there was one. Congrats on the recognition, and well done on the nice bowl. :thumb:

ok dennis that is fine looking work but did yu learn something on this??? like take pictures before it leaves the shop:) hope so yu, will always wish yu had done so on this one...