I bought this piece of wood from Dale the Burl Guy several years ago. At that time I only had the ShopSmith and it was just too light to do any good with this chunk of wood. Way off balance and even after I got it round. I even took it over to Phil's to get it round. Once round I still had an out of balance blank. It has been sitting on my to-do shelf for a long time, until a few months ago when I pulled it down and turned it on my Nova 1624.
This bowl is 9" x 3 3/4". There are 4 coats of Seal-A-Cell and 5 or 6 coats of Arm-A-Seal. Each coat was wet sanded with 400 grit wet/dry. It is still not perfectly smooth because of the various inclusions and deep open grain areas. It was really a joy to turn once I had it on the Nova and applied sharp tools to it.
All comments and questions welcome.