What a DAY THIS HAS BEEN

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
What a Rare mood I'm it!

Up at 6:15 (early for me). Stop at Mickey D's for sausage biscuit. get to the riverfront market location (usually just drive to my spot and set up). The opening is only wide enough to get one vehicle through at a time with a seven car backup - I think "Where the heck did all there folks come from?":huh: This is the most vendors we've had on one day, 76, only have room for 85!

Obviously they have no idea where they are supposed to unload and park (Well, they are Nobie's!):(

Finally get to my spot and there's a truck parked in my spot. (You are supposed to unload on the grass and immediately move to parking area.) I spent five minutes locating the young lady who owned the truck and she said "I was waiting for someone to tell me to move it!" I said, you have been asked! :headbang::bonkers:

Finally I get into my place and just barely get set up by opening.

Start turning some bottle stoppers since I'm almost out. A few people come in and one falls in love with a Brazilian Rosewood piece. SOLD!!!:) Within 1/2 hour a previous customer walks in, who loves Dalmatians. I had told her I had some Dalmatian wood and would make her a bowl. She looks around and says "That wood is beautiful!" and I say "That's your Dalmatian. SOLD!! :D Another customer buys a combo Bottle stopper/ corkscrew.:p

By now it's coming up on 10:30. A lady falls in love with the WALNUT Crotch "Horn" bowl. Says she will have to discuss with her husband and will I be at the show next week, so he can see it. I say YUP!

At 11:30 it starts to rain and customers are running to their cars while other booths start tearing down. I have a rule - DON"T PACK ANY STOCK TILL THE SHOW IS OVER!!! At 11:55 I see her walking back, talking on her cell phone. She says that her husband said yes! - SOLD!!!!:D:):D:D BTW Larry, that is the Walnut I showed you.

All in all, the years booth rent is paid back and over $100.00 in profit. Now I really have a problem. NEED MORE INVENTORY - no more loafin!::eek::eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bruce

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that sort of day. (Aside from the usual "ME" generation and their parking problems) Set up fees and a profit is best you can ask for.

Get rich at Craft sales :rofl:
Make a fortune..:rofl:...
Pay for my pleasures :thumb:

was agood day, Indeed :D

What a Rare mood I'm it!

All in all, the years booth rent is paid back and over $100.00 in profit. Now I really have a problem. NEED MORE INVENTORY - no more loafin!::eek::eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bruce

So what are you waiting for? Go and get some more turnings done!!:thumb::thumb::D

Congratulations Bruce!, now that you've caught the wawe don't let it go.!